Upload Images only works about 80% of the time for me

theusedversion

theusedversion

So I am new to Emby.  I just started using it a day or two ago.  Today, I spent all day adding my own covers to movies.  I like my covers a specific way and have them for all of my movies.  I also have a huge collection.  It's a daunting task.  So I do several hours worth of image uploads on the Metadata Manager today.  Then I come back tonight and many never updated at all.  Like I said in the title, it seems that it's about 80% or so that successfully update.  What can I do to make sure that it works every time?  Am I doing something wrong?  That's a lot of work to do and disappointing when I come back and see that the old images are still in place.  I'm obviously doing something right because most of them are updating but I have no idea why the remaining are not.  I can then go back and update them again.

My steps:  Metadata Manager > Click on movie > Select Images tap > Select Upload > Select Browse > Select image file from my computer > Select Ok > Select Upload and then go to the next movie.

Any advice?

Log.txt

Hi, welcome. Unfortunately it's difficult to answer after the fact so you'll need to reproduce the problem again, and then provide a log from that particular time period. Thanks.

AdrianW

If you want to make sure you always get the your own images, then I'd suggest storing them with your movies (name them folder.jpg). This saves having to ever repeat the process again later.

See Video Images for more details about the images that you can store in your folders alongside your media.

Also, in Metadata section of the Server settings - I'd suggest checking "Save artwork and metadata into media folders".

After adding any images, you'll probably need to run a "Scan media library" task to pick them up.