No metadata in one of my media locations

66LUX

Hi all,

I am having an issue with one of my media subfolders not having its contents recognised during the library scan.

I have all of my media set up in ten subfolders under the Synology default "video" folder, so I only have to set permissions once.

(Edit: My Music is in the default "Music" folder)

I have five media folders in my library - Anime Movies, Anime TV Shows, Movies, TV Shows and Music.

All of my folders except for one have been recognised and scanned.

I set up the media folder on the dashboard called "Anime TV Shows" to point to the media location of "/volume1/video/TV - Anime".

I don't get any errors when I set it up, but when I look at the metadata manager and I click the little arrow next to "Anime TV Shows" the arrow just disappears and doesn't show any content.

All of my other folders display their content correctly. The library has completed its scan a couple of times since I set up the location.

I renamed the folder to something else and rescanned. I deleted all of the metadata in the folders for the individual titles as well. No change.

I should mention that I have had some trouble with the Emby addon for Kodi, where it kept popping up with a "delete file from Emby server - yes or no" message.

These errors were the reason why I moved from the Emby server on my PC to the NAS.

When I selected "yes" to delete the files (the message came up a lot of times, and I clicked yes a lot of times), could it have caused something something in the server to ignore the files in this folder?

Even if I uninstall Kodi, I don't know how it will resolve this problem.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

BTW I'm running a Synology DS412+ with DSM 5.2-5592 serving to a Windows 7 Ulimate x64 PC

Edited by 66LUX

I opened WinSCP and found the latest log.

Strangely, all of the entries in the anime folder have access denied errors. I have no idea why.

Part of the error enrty is this:

2015-09-21 06:16:17.9368 Error - App: Error resolving path /volume1/video/TV - Anime/Appleseed XIII
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5724.4
    Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
    Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var
    Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Sat Mar 28 10:18:33 UTC 2015)
    Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Access to the path "/volume1/video/TV - Anime/Appleseed XIII" is denied.

I opened File Station in DSM5 on the NAS, right clicked the folder and selected properties from the list. On the "Permissions" tab, I ticked the box that says "Apply to this folder, subfolders and files".

After that, it scanned and the metadata is accessible.

I have no idea why I needed to change that setting on that particular folder.

One other thing. Are the logs supposed to accessible from the app in DSM5? I click the link in the Package Center that says "View Log", but it just pops up a window that says "no data".

Bad to worse.

Part way through watching a TV show through Emby for WMC the video just stops playing.

I'm unable to restart it. I've completely lost all connection to every folder on the NAS from my media PC when I try to access them from Windows Explorer.

I can access the files from this, my study PC, but I can't access any media using Emby for WMC on this one either.

All of the media folders, except for music, have no data accessible from the metadata manager.

55ffe855522c5_Embymetadata.jpg

After a reboot of my media PC, I can get windows explorer access to the NAS folders again.

Emby for WMC can't find anything on the server other than music (it just says "no files"), but Windows Media Centre has no issues finding content.

Can anyone offer me some advice, please?

Hi Luke,

I couldn't get anything to work last night, but this morning I restarted the server software and ran a library scan.

The metadata is now viewable via the dashboard and I can play titles on the WMC machine.

Now I seem to have a problem with the dashboard becoming unresponsive.

I open the sidebar to view the media menu and it just says Home and Remote. My media locations aren't listed.

5601c6d12349c_Medialocations.jpg

The opposite sidebar for the log off controls has also gone strange. It doesn't seem to affect the server's operation though.

5601c6ea81be5_Logout.jpg

Could it be some kind of time-out?

Edited by 66LUX