Is the HDHomeRun HDHR3-US supported?

moore

I have a HDHomeRun HDHR3-US and currently use it with NextPVR, however, I wanted to play around with the new native support Emby has for tuners. Unfortunately, based on the setup guides I have seen, I'm beginning to suspect my particular model isn't supported. Is this correct?

Yes that's correct, unfortunately. Right now you need to have a model that supports the Dlna features. But connecting with next pvr should work just fine.

Any Dlna-enabled model (i think most if not all of the current ones have it). They also have a model with h264 transcoding features. we do take advantage of that to offload transcoding when possible, although that device is a bit  more expensive.

In their parlance, I think the one they advertise as being able to stream to your mobile devices is the one that has the built-in transcoding.

I only use over the air reception so no cable card is required. is it safe just to buy the current HDHomerun Extend?

If you don't care about the hardware transcoding go with the Connect, it is considerably cheaper. If you need the transcoding to be done in the HDHomeRun then the extend is what you want.

• 1 year later...