Kodi/Emby TV Show list: issue with channel logos

AkashKS

I am using Emby Server (on a Windows 10 PC) to serve my media to a client Windows 10 PC running Kodi and connected to my TV.

I have only just set this up and prior to doing this, I used to use SMB to share the media.

When I used to use SMB, my TV shows used to show all the correct and up-to-date channel logos.

Since changing to Emby Server, some of my shows have no channel logos (ABC and FOX). Images here.

Note that another ABC show correctly shows the ABC logo.

Also since moving to Emby server, the Cinemax logo that shows is the old Cinemax logo, whereas it used to be the new Cinemax logo.

I don't know where/how to update these logos. Is it somewhere on Emby or on Kodi? And where do I get the logos from? Just a Google Image search?

I'd really appreciate any help.

NOTE: Just to be clear, I am referring to channel logos on the list of TV shows, not channel logos for live TV.

im85288

The studio images from Emby are not synced with Kodi. So what you are seeing is the local studio images used in the skin your using.

Thanks for your response.

Is there any reason that you can think of why it the logos showed when using SMB but do not show now I am using Emby? I would have thought that if the channel logos are local images then using Emby to serve should make no difference.

Also any idea how/why the ABC logo shows up on one show (Disney Parks - Christmas day parade,) and not on other ABC shows (i.e. Agents of Shield, Revenge and Scandal)?

Also please ignore what I said about the Cinemax logo in my post. I just checked a different client (which I have not got around to updating from SMB to Emby yet) and it shows the old Cinemax logo there too. However all the other logos are present and up-to-date.

Any ideas?

im85288

The only thing I can think off is Emby is returning the actual studio name differently to what you had when not using Emby. You could check what name is stored for that particular show in Emby and then have a look at the local studio images to see what's missing.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

What is happening is that Emby has certain studio written one way, and Kodi is unable to translate them. I have the same issue, I've just tested with "Awkward" which is MTV, however Emby has MTV (US) so the channel doesn't show. If I change it to MTV in the database, then the proper channel image shows up in Kodi.

The best thing I can think of is make a list of the ones that do not show up, let me know what they are and we'll go from there (we had to do the same thing with mpaa, codecs, etc...).

Edited by Angelblue05

What is happening is that Emby has certain studio written one way, and Kodi is unable to translate them. I have the same issue, I've just tested with "Awkward" which is MTV, however Emby has MTV (US) so the channel doesn't show. If I change it to MTV in the database, then the proper channel image shows up in Kodi.

The best thing I can think of is make a list of the ones that do not show up, let me know what they are and we'll go from there (we had to do the same thing with mpaa, codecs, etc...).

Thanks for this response.

On my list of TV shows, the ones without channel logos are as follows:

• Agents of Shield (Emby shows ABC (US))
  • Alcatraz (Emby shows FOX (US))
  • Revenge (Emby shows ABC (US))
  • Scandal (Emby shows ABC (US))
  • Gotham (Emby shows FOX (US))

Worth noting that Disney Parks - Christmas Day Parade has the correct ABC logo, and Emby has this as just ABC.

Thanks for your help in the matter.

Edited by AkashKS
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Just so I can keep track of conversions needed:

ABC (US) - ABC

FOX (US) - FOX

MTV (US) - MTV

Showcase (CA) - Showcase

WGN America - WGN

Are there more that I missed?

• 2 weeks later...
AkashKS

@@AkashKS

This should be fixed with 1.1.44. Can you confirm? Thanks

Thanks for this. I tried to update Emby in Kodi yesterday but no updates were available?

Am I doing something wrong? I originally installed Emby for Kodi using the instructions here. When I try to update the add-on in Kodi, Update is greyed out, indicating no updates are available.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Angelblue05

Go to settings > add-ons > check for updates (it's usually a side blade) so press left.

560fb2b951f29_screenshot056.png

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@AkashKS

Actually, if you followed the steps on the main website, it only contains the stable version of Emby for Kodi (1.1.39) in the repository. You'd need to install the beta repository here: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.4.zip and inside it, you will find 1.1.44. I suggest you disable auto-updates, so you can control when you want to update beta versions (it is not uncommon to experience a few bugs).

Edited by Angelblue05