Login Help

Limpice

Hi I been playing around with Emby for a mouth or two now. But I been having some problems signing in once I get it all set up and running. It will work for a day or two then it will not let me sign back in. It tells me that my user name or password is incorrect. What can I do to fix this?

I downloaded the Emby Windows Server Client set it all up & added all my media files to my library. I'm trying to view it with the Emby Android app for the Amazon Fire TV. It works great for a day or two then it will not let me login on the Amazon Fire TV app anymore. It gives me an error message saying "Incorrect Username or Password" when I try  logging on to the Amazon Fire TV app. I double checked the Emby Server to make sure it was online and working and I'm 100% sure my login info is right. I even tried to log on to the Amazon Fire TV app manually but keep getting the same error message. I even tried setting it up to auto login when I had it working but that did not help. It seems to me that if I restart my computer or turn it off for a long period of time that is when it will not log back on to the server or reconnect to it.

To day it was not logging on to the server this morning but I just tried again this afternoon and it's working. So it's more like an on & off situation I'm have with it. Everyone's in a while I use a VPN and for a little bit I was thinking it might have a little something to do with it. But I have not been running it all week just to see if it had something to do with the server not working. But it still did not let me log onto it today even with out it running. I tried just about everything I could think of like restarting the server setting up a new account. But the same thing happens every couple days where the Amazon Fire TV app will not let me log onto the server.

When this happens, are you able to use the web interface on the server? In addition to the server machine, what about trying to use the web interface from a smart phone? it would be useful info to know if those things work when this happens. thanks.

Well it was working good until I restarted my computer to day. I can login but my media library is not showing up on the Amazon Fire TV. The server address is the same on the Amazon Fire TV & my Server so I don't think it's that. I tried it on my Android Phone but my media library did not show up on it either.

Ok I may have found something, My media library was not showing up on Amazon Fire TV or on my Android Phone so I tried re-syncing my media library from my computer. It looks like it added all of my media back. I have not had any login problems with my account for a couple days now so I think I may be good there now.

Some times in the beginning the web interface was not working at times. But I think it should be all good now. It's been working for the past couple days and I been able to login with no problem. The only problem I have had in the past day or so was my media library was not staying synced. I was able to login and view it from the web interface but not on my Amazon Fire TV or my Android Phone. After I re-synced my media library form the web interface my media library showed back up on both my phone & TV.

TY guys for all the help.

I'm probably having the same problems...........I can't access from outside my LAN. What seems to be the issue. I am operating Windows 8.1 and I thought my firewall was configured correctly. McAfee firewall is also operating and to my knowledge I opened the correct ports. This is what pops up after trying to connect to the server:

Response Status Error Code IOException Message The network name cannot be found. Stack Trace [GetDashboardResource: 9/25/2015 8:56:36 PM]: [REQUEST: {ResourceName:dashboard.html}] System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync) at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.IO.CommonFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync) at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.PackageCreator.<GetResource>d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.<GetStaticResult>d__7.MoveNext() Errors

Can you help with a solution?

• 4 weeks later...