Playing stops Sony TV

Dysan

Again having troubles plating from my Emby server to my sony android TV.

attached is the log file of the server, the Transcoding is at 100% (whole movie is transcoded so thats good)

Problem is the playing just stops after +/- 1h - 1h20 m of playing the movie

Both VLC boxes are not ticked, because the image quality is horrible (glitches skipped frames)

Tried using the chromecast function of my tv in combination with android mobile app(2.4.25) , but the option to resume is competly gone, cannot resume movie or slide the timer over to that time.

Version of the EMby for Android TV App: 1.0.80g

When is close the movie go the home screen of the Amby for android, i can resume the movie but it stalls after 5 seconds of video without audio to a frozen frame.

(also send a log to dev from emby Android App)

Selecting another movie in the emby on the tv, and resuming that one, gives a black screen.

Getting pretty desperate with my Sony tv-Emby combination....

Killing the app And restarting it gives me a black screen

Power cycle the TV & rebooting Server, emby starts again, but shows a grey/black backdrop with the time in the upper right..

Stopping and go backward again to my movie lets me resume again, play for 10 seconds without audio and a frozen frame again.

ServerLog.txt

TranscodeLog.txt

Edited by Dysan

A few things to try:

- Try returning the server thread count setting to it's default value.  

- The app is requesting a bitrate of 43mbps, which is very high. If that's coming from the automatic bitrate detection, try overriding that in settings with a more conservative value. For example, try 10mbps and then work your way up.

- The srt subtitles are being burned in, which is not good and a problem with the current release server. Try upgrading to the dev server which won't need to burn those in anymore.

Thanks Luke, ill try that.

Stange is the the first hour goes well.

Switching to my lg TV with a chromecast dongle gives no problems at all. And happily resumes and lets me rewind and forward moving the timeline.

So it seems its not server relatief but the issue lies in the app/chromecast build in to the Sony TV.

Ok, yes, if you're not using the latest version of the app, that's the first step. Then if you're still having problems, see my note above.

He is still on the old version.

The very first thing to do is update to the new release.

Which version is old? If its the Android TV app hoe do i update that one i thought it was the latest beta

The ATV app, yes.  You are not on even the beta.  You are on the older release from the store.

1.1.04 went out yesterday and 1.1.05 is coming right behind it soon (with just a fix for some subtitle issues).

Bring up the play store and scroll all the way down to the bottom.  There should be a line there called "Updates" with Emby in it.

If it isn't there, then maybe there is some sort of delay to the TV platform.