Emby add-on makes Kodi cras

spiderweb31
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

spiderweb31

I just recently setup emby server and it is working really well. At least on my windows pc with Kodi installed.

I also have a Mac mini with Kodi and the emby add-on installed and it does work as long i don't add any external tv shows from add-ons like 1 channel. When i do that and start to scan, emby shows its scanning, but in the moment Kodi also scans the external folder with the xml-files containing the tv shows from 1channel it crashes Kodi.

The strange thing is that this setup works perfectly on my windows pc with Kodi and Emby. So it seems to be a problem with Kodi running on a Mac, that Emby somehow makes a scan that crashes Kodi.

I have tried to uninstall all plugins on Emby server and make a full resync of the library in the emby addon in Kodi. Also tried with both the stable version of Kodi and a nightly build, but no change.

Is there a problem with the emby addon, when you use it on a Mac with Kodi or am I doing something wrong?

Angelblue05

Post your Kodi log. Check the how to report a problem sticky in this forum if you need help with this. Set the add-on debug to info should be enough, with Kodi debug enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
xnappo

It looks to me like the Kodi scraper is still running.

Try removing your sources.xml file, then reset the DB.

xnappo

• Like 2

spiderweb31

It does seem to have solved the problem. I will keep testing the next couple of days and report back, if there are still issues. Thanks for the quick reply and (hopefully) solution for this bug.

Kind regards

spiderweb31

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
spiderweb31

I have now been testing the setup for some days, and it seemed to work in he start. But after refreshing the tv shows, to see if there had come any new episodes, it makes the same failure again. It runs through the my scan, but after it starts the tv show scraper of Kodi for the shows subscribed through the add on, it crashes again. 

The koi.log is attached. I really hope some of you masterminds can find some solution for this. I might add that I have tried to remove the sources.xml again and to a reset of the db, but it didn't work.

kodi.log

AgileHumor

Are you using the Emby Kodi Incremental Sync Server Plugin? That helps speed up new episodes showing up almost instantly from Emby.

Angelblue05

@@spiderweb31

When you say refresh, What do you mean exactly?

Sounds like you used Kodi functions, which you shouldn't since the add-on takes over your Kodi database. It looks like Kodi is looking into a ncis folder and scraping data, so you must still have a source pointing to it. Remove it from Kodi and the problem should hopefully go away. Check in videos > files, is there anything there that's not Emby related?

spiderweb31

The setup i have regarding my sources, i have the emby folders but also a folder containing tv show strm files from a video add-on called 1channel, which makes a periodic update and adds new episodes to the Kodi library via the tvdb scraper in Kodi. It is this process that starts after the Emby sync and crashes Kodi. It does not happen if i disable the Emby add on.

I have also tried to activate the Emby Server incremental sync plugin, but that didn't help either. Since the crash only happen when the Emby plugin is enables it must have something to do with how it handles library scans.

Hope this gave a better explanation of the situation

Angelblue05

What you need to do, add your strm to your emby server instead, then the emby for Kodi add-on will import them. Then it will be controlled by our addon, along side your other content and when a new episode is added and your emby server picks it up, it will automatically appear in Kodi without your involvment. You should not have any Kodi sources. :)