DVBS2 Tuner Recommendation

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, can anyone recommend a currently available dvb s2 quad tv tuner? i have a working tbs6984 but i want to add a second. i got a tbs6985 now replaced with a tbs6905 and i cannot get either to scan all frequencies in the uk. i should take this up with tbs but i can't be arsed i just want to buy a new one that will work. any recommendations?

mini__me

Unfortunately I don't have an answer just a fellow TBS user, I'm sure they'll fix it shortly.

My server has 1x 8920, 2x 6921, 2x 6981, 1x 6964.....I have two mini dishes and a big motorised ;)

If you fancy splashing the cash you cannot beat Digital Devices kit, just seen they have a MAX S8 model with 8 tuners in one slot...awesome :)

Edited by mini__me

I would also add my endorsement of the digital devices products. However I am starting to move my tuners out of the server and on to the network.

For less than the cost of 4 digital devices tuners you can get an Elgato NetStream4Sat network tuner. I have one and am extremely happy with it together with DVBLink. Most stable platform I have had so far.

Spaceboy

I sold my 6984 for £80 not long ago... U missed out there!

I know, I thought that at the time

Although I've had no more luck with the s8 max, I need to get back in touch with digital devices. Didn't work properly in my test setup and I thought that was due to not having 4 feeds connected, moved it to my live PCs and still the same. Could be because I have it connected to 4 feeds from an Octo lnb but I can't see why it would be different to using a quad (not a quattro, had to read up on that!). All 8 tuners working but none pick up the vertical frequencies in the low range. If only I could somehow combine the 6905 and the s8 max I'd be golden!

Edited by Spaceboy

• 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

so, i went back and tried the s8 max again, its all working now. i think possibly i may have had a slightly loose connection on one feed and i guess the s8 max's magic where it produces 8 streams from only four feeds needs all the feeds working perfectly. how does it do that by the way? anyway i now have up to 24 encrypted stream available at any time. should do for a while!