Transcoding Question

MSattler

MSattler

From this transcode, where do I look at to see what audio is coming through?  Apparently on this transcode to a FireTV stick on the TV, kids are telling me the main audio is low and what should be surround sound is loud?  It is an older tv....

2015-09-18 21:07:10.5978 Info - App: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20150717\ffmpeg.exe -probesize 1G -analyzeduration 200M -i concat:"\\tower\dvd\Lemony Snicket\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_1.VOB|\\tower\dvd\Lemony Snicket\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_2.VOB|\\tower\dvd\Lemony Snicket\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_3.VOB|\\tower\dvd\Lemony Snicket\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_4.VOB|\\tower\dvd\Lemony Snicket\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_5.VOB|\\tower\dvd\Lemony Snicket\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_6.VOB" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:1 -map 0:5 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -maxrate 4680000 -bufsize 9360000 -vsync vfr -profile:v high -level 41 -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -flags -global_header -sc_threshold 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 6 -ab 320000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1" -hls_time 3 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\ce9a59e21e2bb630275989d88ac8b75a.m3u8"

Thanks!

MSattler
-codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 6 -ab 320000

it's converting whatever the input is to 6 channel aac

Hmmm is there a settings in options to set audio output?  

No, it is based on device support and whatever is required for the transcoding container. That's not something we can leave to user preference because that's just going to cause failures.

MSattler

No, it is based on device support and whatever is required for the transcoding container. That's not something we can leave to user preference because that's just going to cause failures.

So the FireTV Stick for some reason thinks there is 5.1 audio then?   That's odd..... the stick is connected right to the TV.  Hmmmm....

The TV Stick itself has the option for:

Dolby Digital Plus Automatic

Dolby Digital Plus Off

Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI

It's set on auto, maybe I can try turning it off?

MSattler

So the FireTV Stick for some reason thinks there is 5.1 audio then?   That's odd..... the stick is connected right to the TV.  Hmmmm....

The TV Stick itself has the option for:

Dolby Digital Plus Automatic

Dolby Digital Plus Off

Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI

It's set on auto, maybe I can try turning it off?

Interesting, on build 1.0.80a the movie plays with 2 channel.

With 1.1.04a it plays with 6 channel.

MSattler

Interesting, on build 1.0.80a the movie plays with 2 channel.

With 1.1.04a it plays with 6 channel.

Upgraded my FireTV Stick to 1.1.04a and I get 2 channel.   

Kids one get's 6 channel.

Not on everything though, Total Recall has TrueHD 6 channel as track one, 6 channel AC-3 as track 2, and it plays 2 channel on both.

Burn After reading has just a 6 channel AC-3 track, it plays 6 channel on the kids, 2 channel on mine.

Maybe the older TV is causing it, but in some cases it does get it right...