Remote control on Android not working when playing on Chromecast

LedZep

Hi Folks

This started after the last Android client update!

Emby Android v 2.4..21

Server 3.0.5724.3

When I connect to Chromecast from Android client and play some media the media start and client displays content name, pause and remote control icon at bottom of screen, pause works (sort of - delays etc. ) but remote control button clears the bar and client is no responsive, no topline menu of cast icon, Android back button restores previous screen and I can pause/play as usual from bottom bar but can never get to remote control ....

tried to also cast to chrome browser, same result, this also occurs with Emby Thearter but playing and using remote control on Andriod (local) works.

I use the Android client as my remote control for all media playing, this not working is very frustrating. Is this something I'm doing?

Tx, 

PS - Tx for all the great work, this is still the best solution out there, keep it comming ... kudos, can live with glitches but remote control breaking ....

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have this problem now using the latest android version (2016-01-14). Both my new and old chromecast have the same problem. They have been restarted multiple times.

The only button on the remote in the emby android app that works are the volume controls.

The playback position slider, prev, next, pause and stop buttons are dead.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by joggs

Hmm, I'm getting this problem on all my android devices and chromecasts by reproducing these steps.

open emby app on android device.

select chromecast device using cast button in android app

everything looks good on tv with chromecast

i start a video from emby app on android

video starts on chromecast.

i go to the remote control page in android app.

It looks like this:

http://postimg.org/image/pn0o3f9ox/

Edited by joggs

I've having the same problem with the remote using android/chromecast. I cannot stop/pause or rewind/fast-forward.

Emby Android 2.5.73

Emby Server 3.0.5786.0

Running on Windows 8.1

Ok, that's actually related to server transcoding and not the app. There's an open issue with Transcoding of subidx.

Hmm, I'm getting this problem on all my android devices and chromecasts by reproducing these steps.

open emby app on android device.

select chromecast device using cast button in android app

everything looks good on tv with chromecast

i start a video from emby app on android

video starts on chromecast.

i go to the remote control page in android app.

It looks like this:

http://postimg.org/image/pn0o3f9ox/

I am having the same problem, can be reproduced with the steps above. As mand0l3 mention it is related to subtitles. If I have a srt file in the folder of the media, problem is occuring, otherwise not.

Howerver, I also experience this while Im playing music, so it is not strictly related to subtitles. For some files the remote is working, for some it does not. I have not been able to notice the difference yet, in both cases audio is in flac files.

So, the remote is not working if there is an external sub available and the cause of this is that when transcoding with an included subtitle, subidx, takes place, there is no way to play/pause the stream to chromecast remotely from the android client?

Edited by joggs

fusrodah26

I am having this exact issue, however mine is not related to external subs. I have the issue whether the folder/show has any subs or not. 

• Like 1