Unable to Connect issue. Not my firewall.

MitchRuns
Go to solution Solved by MitchRuns,

MitchRuns

So, I'm new to the program and was looking to switch from Plex, but when I tried using it, I was getting errors. I know it's not my firewall or router, so I'm not sure why I cannot connect with anything. My android picks up the server but when I tap to connect I get the error. I've tried messing with settings and resetting my system but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm not sure if it's related but when I go to home on my library on the web page it's also blank so I am unable to watch on my maching I'm running it on. Setting up the server went fine and I added my libraries and it was scanned just fine, but I am unable to connect with any device.

I can add any info you need. I'd love to make the switch from Plex.

Edit: The server is Version 3.0.5724.3

Edit: Thanks to MSlatter my issues have been solved. Removing my folders and re-adding them with properly formatted names solved my issue with my library being empty, and connecting to my local machines IP (192.168.0.xxx) instead of the "local access" the dashboard gave me allowed me to connect on all my devices.

Edited by MitchRuns

MSattler

So, I'm new to the program and was looking to switch from Plex, but when I tried using it, I was getting errors. I know it's not my firewall or router, so I'm not sure why I cannot connect with anything. My android picks up the server but when I tap to connect I get the error. I've tried messing with settings and resetting my system but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm not sure if it's related but when I go to home on my library on the web page it's also blank so I am unable to watch on my maching I'm running it on. Setting up the server went fine and I added my libraries and it was scanned just fine, but I am unable to connect with any device.

I can add any info you need. I'd love to make the switch from Plex.

Edit: The server is Version 3.0.5724.3

Just to add he is running Windows 10, local playback won't work.  I've asked him to attach logs.

• Like 1

MSattler

Just to add he is running Windows 10, local playback won't work.  I've asked him to attach logs.

Solved,  Appeared to be revolved around library config and file/folder naming.

• Solution
MitchRuns

Well done. Can you give more specifics as to what the problem was? thanks.

When I went into my library after adding all my media it was blank as shown here. So I removed all the media folders and readded one specific movie folder. Then I noticed a directory finally appeared. So I changed the media location back to my movie collection and then on my library it was finally showing all my movies.

My issue with being unable to connect with my android was resolved by using the local ip of my server machine instead of the "Local Access" ip you are given in the the server information (probably my own fault there for not seeing that it was my own IP).

Edited by MitchRuns
  • Like 1