Emby for Kodi Wiki

ngerg

All,

I've been working on building a Wiki page for Emby for Kodi.  As a long time Kodi user who has recently adopted Emby as a media server, I built it over on the Kodi wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Emby_for_Kodi

It's about 90% done, but I wanted to share.  If anyone has any comments on how to improve the wiki page or any errors I might have made, please post them below or edit the wiki yourself.

I'm planning on taking all of the information I've built in the Kodi wiki and using it to update the wiki on the Emby for Kodi GitHub page:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki

Ideally these two pages will stay in sync and reference each other, but I had to start somewhere.

• Like 9

I'd like to take a moment here and thank the developers of both the Emby for Kodi addon and Emby itself for all of their hard work.

Thank you and keep up the great work.

• Like 3

xnappo

Excellent work - thanks for taking this on!

Just two comments:

First please make sure to mention that this addon completely takes over your DB, so if you are just experimenting you should make a backup. 

Second, I know confluence doesn't support it, but the #1 question we get asked is how to get links into collections from the home screen - so an example from a popular skin showing that would be good too.

Thanks again!

xnappo

Excellent work - thanks for taking this on!

Just two comments:

First please make sure to mention that this addon completely takes over your DB, so if you are just experimenting you should make a backup. 

Second, I know confluence doesn't support it, but the #1 question we get asked is how to get links into collections from the home screen - so an example from a popular skin showing that would be good too.

Thanks again!

xnappo

Will do, thanks for the input.

One quick question, who are all of the developers of this addon?  I would like to make sure to give everyone credit on the wiki page.

e123enitan

All,

I've been working on building a Wiki page for Emby for Kodi.  As a long time Kodi user who has recently adopted Emby as a media server, I built it over on the Kodi wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Emby_for_Kodi

It's about 90% done, but I wanted to share.  If anyone has any comments on how to improve the wiki page or any errors I might have made, please post them below or edit the wiki yourself.

I'm planning on taking all of the information I've built in the Kodi wiki and using it to update the wiki on the Emby for Kodi GitHub page:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki

Ideally these two pages will stay in sync and reference each other, but I had to start somewhere.

Nice work  :)

Thanks Angelblue

Another question:

What exactly do the following options do?

Sync Options tab

"Sync Specials Ordering"

"Max change set size" under "Use Incremental sync at startup"

Thanks

Edited by ngerg

Angelblue05

Sync specials ordering is if you want to have your special episodes to display within seasons. Having the option enabled will sync when the special episode aired (before season, episode).

Max change set size is for the start up sync (with the server plugin). If the server plugin returns more than x items, fall back to the old ways of doing the start up sync (which is faster at some point). @ could probably give you a better explanation. :)

I´ve read and it already looks good. However it still needs to tell how to use tags, nodes, and how to populate main menu items, so stuff doesnt populate through each other

Tags and Nodes area part of Kodi, not the addon.  They currently have their own kodi wiki pages, so I don't really want to replicate that data onto the kodi wiki page for an addon.  When I get a chance to update the emby wiki page for the addon, I'll try to add a few links to those kodi wiki pages.

As far as populating the main menu with additional itms, I'm planning on adding something, to show the basic mechanics, but haven't decided how I want to approach that yet.

But thanks for the input Skank  :D

Edited by ngerg

Dont know how to tell this

But i have some views in emby ui and i dont get those exact same in kodi

a wiki should talk about this how to do it

for now its try and see with good luck lol

Dont know how to tell this

But i have some views in emby ui and i dont get those exact same in kodi

a wiki should talk about this how to do it

for now its try and see with good luck lol

Ah, that makes more sense.  I'll look into it and see what I can do with the wiki.