PlayOn episodes no longer play

frumpl

Hello,

I use PlayOn to watch Amazon shows. I use MyLibrary to create .strm files so the shows are in my library. The PlayOn server is the only video source in Kodi. Before the update to 1.1.39, this worked fine. Now, these shows won't play. I get an unable to direct  play box with a Play from HTTP option, which also doesn't work.

Log file attached

Thanks

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Please enable the add-on debug set to info and repeat the step so we can see what's happening during playback. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@frumpl

Can you give this build a try? Just install from zip over your current version and try playback. The trouble is that we are trying to validate a upnp path which is why it's failing. This should allow your strm files to playback without trying to validate the upnp path first.

Let me know if it fixes your issue.

Angelblue05

Thank you for letting me know. I will include the fix - it will be part of beta for the moment (you can keep using the custom version).

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Emby 1.1.39 and I am not able to play from playon.  I have just upgraded to the latest Kodi and installed Emby but now I can't play anthing from Playon.  How do I upload my log file?

Angelblue05

If your content are strm files, I'm doing the release in a few hours containing the fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgileHumor

Sadly, it worked for me out of the box.

Can you view Netflix via PlayOn with any other client (i.e. Windows Media Player should be OK)?

Maybe it's a problem with PlayOn?

It was working before I update to the latest kodi Isengard. Now it doesn't seem to work.  I am using it on my android box and I can access Netflix from it directly but not through Playon through kodi.

Angelblue05

I would suggest you bring your issue to PlayOn, you'll surely get more support than here since it has nothing to do with the Emby for Kodi add-on. The thread was regarding playing strm files, your situation is different.

Edited by Angelblue05