Just want an easy way to browse for files and play them

paule3d

Why isnt there an easy way to just play a file you downloaded? Something like "folder view". I know where I downloaded / saved a file, I just want to watch it (via emby as I have a nowtv box connected to a TV in another room). It seems like an awful lot of messing about in the settings and options to even find the files, let alone play it!

I dont want to have to rename every episode I donwloaded or mess about with Metadata.

Has somebody found an easy way to browse folders? (Without having to manually mess about with the folder settings in metadata or change episode names,  argh!)

Thanks

Deathsquirrel

Honestly I would just get a DLNA server if that's all you want.  I can't imagine bothering with Emby if I didn't want robust metadata support and proper recognition of my movies.

Luke, I will do that, thanks

Squirrel, I will look in to this. Thanks. But not sure if they will transcode the video for slower network connections, and emby does work "out of the box" (after installing) on my nowtv box which is very useful. Just googled for DNLA transcoding, and some do this, but I bet its work to set up. Emby just works; )

Edited by paule3d