Emby on Ouya or Matricom

Dizzy49

I picked a Matricom Q, and Ouya a while back for our bedroom and the back kids room.

Anyone know how well Emby streams to them?  I know the Ouya had issues playing some of the audio in my files, so I think the transcoding will help with that.  The Matricom played everything, but had issues playing from my media server over wireless.  I'm hoping that by transcoding there will be a smaller file to send.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?  Any thoughts or suggestions for setup?

Thanks!

-Sean

Well you may as well forget about the ouya for emby, the android TV app will not install, the emby mobile app is extremely slow and can only be controlled via the touch pad on the controller.... Which is terrible and the kodi helix is incompatible too

I have the latest beta of spmc (a android branch of kodi 14) installed with the emby for kodi addon which works ATM but I'm not holding my breath on how much longer it will be supported

Edited by Vidman

Yeah, I have pretty much given up on the Ouya.  I'm still holding out hope for the Matricom.  My Q Box was messed up so I had to send it back to be replaced.  I should have it on Monday and I'll be seeing how it works.