Kodi and Anime

Logos302

Logos302

For some reason in the new version (not at home so I don't have the exact info)  My anime collection has shown up in my tv collection.  I do not want this.  In the web client/Emby Clasic this used to happen if you have the "My Views*  Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV:"  So I'm sure that it's just a setting that got reset when I reset the DB for this last update.  Does kodi not respect these settings?

Angelblue05

If it's own entry in Emby - not combined with your shows, then it should also be split also in Kodi. If you launch the emby add-on, what do you see in the list, there should be an entry for each emby userview?

I haven't set up my Anime in Emby yet.  Plex was HORRIBLE with my anime collection, and the main reason I bailed on it.  I'm kind of nervous to see how Emby handles it.

Angelblue05

I will tell you right now, Emby anime is a nightmare if you use absolute numbering. If you are using TVDB numbering then you should have a good experience. :)

Logos302

It's in it's own folder, and in it's own view.  This is something new.  It never used to do this.  I think it happened when I reset the DB for the new upgrade.  

If I understand you correctly, if I launch emby add-on from kodi add-ons I get a list

Anime - Movies

Movies

Tv Shows

Anime - Tv Shows

Channels

Fav.. Shows

Fav.. Movies

Settings

Perform Manual Snc.

Edited by Logos302
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

The change happened server side. Because your anime is not enabled under view styles, we don't know what the content type is. So it automatically assumes it is mixed folder and processes movies/tv shows. Your content should still appear under anime - tv shows, without being mixed in with the rest of your tv shows. I hope this makes sense. If you want to revert back to the old behavior, just enable view style in the emby webclient preferences and resync your library.

Logos302

Ok, and your anime - tv shows is empty or?

It has my Anime like it should. 

The change happened server side. Because your anime is not enabled under view styles, we don't know what the content type is. So it automatically assumes it is mixed folder and processes movies/tv shows. Your content should still appear under anime - tv shows, without being mixed in with the rest of your tv shows. I hope this makes sense. If you want to revert back to the old behavior, just enable view style in the emby webclient preferences and resync your library.

I don't know about that as the web client shows it how it should be, as does Emby Theater.   my anime is however set as mixed content.  So I'm not sure what you mean by this. "view style in the emby webclient" if your talk about "View Styles*

Enable enhanced presentations for:" then they are enabled already.

Edited by Logos302
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok so do a shortcut to your home menu for Anime - TV Shows. If you want to have just "Anime" like it was before, then enable the View style in emby webclient preferences (your user portrait on the right > settings > display settings). It is not enabled for your anime, otherwise it would show as Anime only, not Anime - TV Shows and Anime - Movies. Then do a reset - resync of your Kodi library.

55fa1ba31b746_viewstyle.png

If you don't want to have your anime show up in tv shows then, use the emby shortcut to your tv shows rather than Kodi's TV show entry (which combines anything that falls under the tvshows type)

Edited by Angelblue05

Logos302

ok so I was in the right location how ever anime does not show up as an option.  What should I have my anime content type set as?  

edit - ok I think I figure out what I should do.  I need to set anime as TV which it is and then it shows up the view styles.  Now here's hoping it will return to normal.   

One question how does one resync the library?  

Edited by Logos302

Angelblue05

They should be set as TV Shows in the library section which I'm sure they are.... However the view style, if disabled, does not tell us the content type anymore so we don't see that they are TV Shows, hence why they become treated as mixed content. :/

Can you take a screenshot of your library section in Emby for your Anime (in the dashboard > library), and of your view styles? This should give me a good idea of how to really help because all I'm doing at this point is guessing. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Logos302

ok, I even reset the Kodi DB and my anime still shows up so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

* how do I change this so it is not the kodi tv but the emby tv, I'm using Arctic Zephyr: Exploded theme.  

560b5bfa02e3e_Capture1.png

560b5c3033fec_Capture2.png

Edited by Logos302

Angelblue05

As a quick test, can you launch Emby for Kodi, let me know if you see your anime separated from your tv shows. If so, you just need to set the proper shortcut to your home screen, as you might be looking at Kodi's default shortcut to TV Shows (which shows every tvshow type grouped up together.)

• Like 1

Logos302

I never changed it so I'm sure it's the kodi default.  But the next time I get a second I'll check, but I'm pretty sure that I see anime tv and anime movies if I remember correctly.  

double checked it's just Anime.  

Edited by Logos302