Android TV & Android App oddities

Dysan

steps:

Android App

• Select movie.
  • Selecy Android TV as player. 
  • Press play
  • select another movie and press play

gives error on the tv to stop the current movie.

• Pressing the remote control button on the app(right lower corner) removes the controlbar at whole 

Android TV: 

• Stop button wont work, but pause & play will wor

Android App version: (2.3.8)

Android TV version: 1.0.80g registered

Other things missing in android TV, where is the 3d function gone (not very important)

Removing black bars from 2.35:1 movies, 

Playing back the movie to my Nexus emby app doesn't transcode?

Playing back the movie to my Android TV does transcode?

The behavior of trying to play something while something else is already playing is just a design choice and I chose to be conservative and not assume you wanted to abruptly stop if something else was playing.  This could potentially be changed but you are the first to mention it.

There is no "Stop" button on Android TV so to which interface are you referring here?

There is no "Stop" button on Android TV so to which interface are you referring here?

The stop button on the remote of the TV.

Simply, i am unable to stop a movie when playing it from android app -> android TV because the remote of Android app vanishes and the Andriod TV has no stop function.

That is a way old version of the Android app.  It needs to be updated and then your stop functionality will probably work from it.

From an internal perspective, the ATV app does not respond to any sort of "stop" remote button because none of the primary devices have a stop button.  I can look at adding it in the future if the command is available.  Backing out of the video player is "stopping" in this world of streaming.

But, the app will respond to the stop command sent from one of our remote control apps so, once you update, that should work.

That info was from the play store  :huh: , the actual version is 2.4.21, but when i press the remote icon in the app the controls just dissapear.

Edited by Dysan