New feature needed: better tagging

skank

I'll explain (got a similar topic in general)

Before i used emby, i used kodi for db

I got a server running which has movies in:

\kids\movie X

\3d\ movie Y

\3d kids\ movie Z

In kodi i tagged \3d and \3d kids folder as "3d"

Then i made playlists only to show titles with 3d tag etc..

As soon as i dropped a new movie in that for ex 3d folder, it auto-gets the 3d tag

I want to be able to do similar with emby,; so i can filter using tags, without need to manually tag everything (it needs auto-tagging for folder)

How do i do this in emby server?

It seems i can only manually tag the movie itself (hard with 400+ movies, but even in future it means i have to manually tag)

Big feature request cause otherwise i cant filter my movies !!! Or is there another way?

Angelblue05

@@skank

I think you'll have a better result restructuring your Emby library.

What we currently use to tag library sections in Kodi are the library names in your emby server > library. Note, currently we only support one tag per item, so make sure to not have the same media folder added twice.

So whatever you want as a tag, create the library and add the media folder under.

For example:

3d - add library 3d\ movie Y and 3d kids\ movie Z

In Kodi, your 3d movies and 3d kids movies will be tagged 3d and you'll be able to separate your library in Kodi as you used to. Then when you add new items to that library section, it will automatically be tagged 3d and be added to the proper section in Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

Oh crap, redo everything? I just set my library correctly lol

Or will those nfo and artwork be saved?

Actually it looks like this

post-68091-0-53356000-1442428971_thumb.jpg

So movies... Then subfolders .. Then the actual movies..

So in kodi movies i want all movies..

Then i want 3d movies to show all 3d and then kids for all my kids...

For now, i pointed "films" into emby server..

So thats whats wrong?

I have to fill in all those folders?

What bout the scraping  then?

Cause i will need to redo everything or will it take the art and nfo already there?

What with folders that have 2 tags?

I have for ex 3d kids folder

Those movies should be in 3d and in kids

Angelblue05

@@skank

If you have nfo and art within your media folders then the server will use them. As I said in my post, we only support one tag per item at the moment.

In your emby dashboard > library, you'll want a structure like this - add media folders:

3d (movies type) - add folder that points to 3d\movies

3d kids (movies type) - add folder that points to 3d kids\movies

and so on. Then in Kodi, use the tags to recreate the structure you want. So if you want to combine your 3d movies together, you'd create a playlist that has tags: 3d and 3d kids. I hope this sends you in the right direction.

@@skank

I think you'll have a better result restructuring your Emby library.

What we currently use to tag library sections in Kodi are the library names in your emby server > library. Note, currently we only support one tag per item, so make sure to not have the same media folder added twice.

So whatever you want as a tag, create the library and add the media folder under.

For example:

In Kodi, your 3d movies and 3d kids movies will be tagged 3d and you'll be able to separate your library in Kodi as you used to. Then when you add new items to that library section, it will automatically be tagged 3d and be added to the proper section in Kodi.

im still not there with this

i did as you said

but in kodi , i setup a playlist with rules for labels, but it says there are no labels

so the items are still not tagged..

i thought it would be auto tagged

yes

You said:

For example:

In Kodi, your 3d movies and 3d kids movies will be tagged 3d 

But when i look into kodi, i cant find that tag

Angelblue05

If you launch the Emby add-on in Kodi, what menus do you see? They should be all named after your Emby library sections.... Let me know.

If you launch the Emby add-on in Kodi, what menus do you see? They should be all named after your Emby library sections.... Let me know.

You mean launch it in programs?

i just have menu:

movies - music - concerts - programs - settings etc etc

But not the ones from emby

I need to actually launch  the addon? Every time before i use kodi it needs the launch?

I tought i just need to setup the addon , and it fills my library

Angelblue05

You launch the add-on via video add-ons, not programs, to view your Emby sections, but you create shortcuts on your home menu to use them. I just wanted you to see them. If you are unsure, simply launch by opening the add-on info screen and selecting launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1