Remote client not syncing? Plug-in enabled

cw-kid

Hi

I've got Kodi v15.1 Isengard on a remote Windows 7 laptop.

Yesterday I updated the Emby add-on to version 1.1.39 I also reset the local DB and it ran the full sync OK including music.

The fast sync plug-in option is enabled in the Emby add-on.

Today when launching Kodi on this machine it doesn't appear to be running the incremental sync? I know on the Emby server there is one new episode of a TV Show but this episode is not appearing on this client.

If I mark a movie as watched in Kodi then the incremental sync does start and can be seen at the top right of Kodi, but still no new TV Show episode appears that I am expecting.

Info log file:

http://pastebin.com/JQxvgfy7

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

xnappo

Unfortunately something changed on the server that has broken the remote sync plugin.

@ - so how to we deal with this?  Update the plugin and force everyone to update the server?  Bad situation :( :(

Edited by xnappo

The incremental sync seems to be working again? I just uninstalled the Emby beta repo on this remote laptop and installed the stable repo as v1.1.39 has gone stable.

In Kodi the incremental sync started and a new TV show episode appeared in the list OK, it wasn't the episode I was expecting from the other day, that one was still missing, so in the Emby metadata manager I changed that episodes date added date from 13/09/2015 to 14/09/2015 today's date and the incremental sync in Kodi kicked in again and now the missing episode is also now present. 

Looking on the Emby server now, it says there is a new version of the Kodi sync queue plug-in available, however I haven't actually installed it yet. Will do that right now. 

Hi

Having problems with a local Kodi client now. I added several movies today and there are several new TV Show episodes on the Emby server as well. 

The local Kodi client PC just doesn't seem to be running the incremental sync and the new content is not appearing. I tried launching Kodi several times. 

I also restarted the Emby server. 

Are there still issues with the fast sync plug-in at the moment? 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

Hi

I've not tried a manual sync yet as it takes so long, but I suspect that would work as they normally do. 

I just opened Kodi again and this time I saw it saying Compressing DB still no new content in Kodi though, 

This is a Debug log

http://pastebin.com/jG3h4RRr

Thanks

@@Angelblue05

I rebooted the WHS server for something else today and now when I open the local Kodi PC its running the incremental sync but there is still no new content in Kodi being displayed.

Also weird when I now go in to the New Movies area of Kodi and come back out the incremental sync starts each time I do this.

EDIT: It also does it each time I go in and out of the main Movies library. 

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Can you post a log capturing your action of going in and out of new movies? Hopefully it will show us what's triggering this behavior :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a log capturing your action of going in and out of new movies? Hopefully it will show us what's triggering this behavior :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its stopped doing it now, I closed Kodi and re-opened it again and its no longer running the sync when going in and out of the movies library. I still have missing new content though. Seems a bit flakey at the moment. 

Although one new movie has just appeared in the New Movies area of Kodi, possibly because I marked it as watched last night in the Emby web GUI, however there should be several more as well that haven't appeared, so it seems to have missed a load.

Here is a log for this session:

http://pastebin.com/iiBuK2ta

Thanks

I've just installed beta v 1.1.41 on my Windows 10 laptop and you have to reset the local DB, so will see what happens after this? If new content added from today is then added using the fast sync plug-in?

I will be sticking with the stable version v 1.1.39 on my Apple mac however from now on, unless there is a compelling reason to go back to the beta on this machine. 

Thanks

Well as expected after the DB reset all the new missing content is now not missing and is being displayed in Kodi. 

Will see what happens moving forward with new content added? 

Angelblue05

Yeah, my guess is something may have happened the first time around. Next time you see this happen, don't even restart Kodi, post the current log so we can see what happened.

At this point, pretty much speculating, but if something happened when adding your new items and then, you received any type of update from the server, it would have overwritten the last time sync and therefore won't pick up on missed items next time you restart. This is where the old way of doing the start up sync would have seen the discrepancy and added those missing titles... The only negative of using the start up sync with the server plugin is if an item is missed in any way there's no way it will pick it up at a later time. We do put things in place to avoid these situations as best as we can. Hopefully, it was a one time thing.

I didn't think at the time, you could have simply disabled the start up plugin in the add-on, restarted Kodi and it would have picked it up without the need to do a complete reset. :(