Direct Play / Stream

CBers

Just noticed that the app says the video I am watching is Direct Play, but in the Dashboard, it says it is Direct Streaming.

I always thought this app was Direct Play, which tends to indicate something wrong with the reporting to the Dashboard.

@@FrostByte?

Edited by CBers

shorty1483

Just noticed that the app says the video I am watching is Direct Play, but in the Dashboard, it says it is Direct Streaming.

I always thought this app was Direct Play, which tends to indicate something wrong with the reporting to the Dashboard.

@@FrostByte?

It's always direct streaming since Emby serves the movie and tv is not able to play from file systems like smb share.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483

FrostByte

Chess has always said it Direct Played and not Streamed, but I noticed the log in the app says it is streaming just like the Server says.  The info screen says it is Direct Playing though.

FrostByte

Might be a change with the server?  I looked way back and found some movies that Direct Played (or at least the log says it did). 

Subtitles neither auto play using the server settings or are selectable since a server change awhile back also. 

shorty1483

I never had a video that direct played, although it says like that when entering info on the remote. Chess said this:

None of my videos direct play, all direct stream (the server passes the video to the player, the tv's dont have network share capability) so im almost certain it isnt a path issue (unless you have issues in other clients) - VOB support is very limited, and its most likely that that is causing the  problem.

• Like 1

I'm sure it always used to, as I've restarted the server whilst watching something without issue, but now the playback stops, which is how I discovered this.