MBC cannot connect to server

Rideauman

Rideauman

Ok, these are going to be noob type questions... please forgive me in advance. I had no issues getting previous versions of MB to work - this server based application seems to be a lot more complicated.

I cannot get MBC to communicate with the MB Server.  I have set ports 8096 and 8945 as forwarded in my router.  I did the same with my firewall settings.  When using MBC configurator, I selected for it to find the server automatically (did not find).  Did it manually, by adding the IP address of the PC on which the MB Server sits (did not find).  I set MediaBrowser up as a service (which would not start when selected).

I feel like I'm missing the obvious.  The server is the IP of the host PC - correct?  I followed the tutorial on set up for both the server and MBC.  Folders are set up in UNC format.  Frustrated.

Logos302

Does the web ui work? for browsing your collection?  And the dev's are going to ask for logs so you might want to get them ready.  First thing when you're on the inside (Lan) you need the ip of your server not your routers ip, so your router will not be involved.  As a test disable the windows firewalls on both devices.  If it still doesn't work something else is wrong.  

The ip is the ip address of where ever you have media browser server running. Are your machine on the same network?

Rideauman

Thank you for your feedback.  I turned the firewall off and everything is working.  I will tweak the firewall settings to make this work!