Emby Live TV - No Schedule

maisto99

Emby_Log_part1.txtI'm currently running Windows 8.1 with Emby Server Version 3.0.5724.3

I have two SiliconDust Model: HDHR3-CC tuners with the latest Firmware: 20150826.  I don't have any issues with playback, that works perfectly.  I don't have an M-Card plugged in either unit, they are strictly Clear QAM.  So no guide or channel mapping detail is available.

My challenge is with getting schedules working in Emby server.  I setup a temp account with Schedules Direct, and added both lineups for my provider. Also tried each one independently too.  But it never displays the guide or re-maps the channels for me.  Even after refreshing the guide data under scheduled tasks.

After setting it all up then looking at the Channels page it shows all the default "5xxx series" TV channels.  Click on one and it plays, and I can edit the name manually.  However I am not able to get the channel number or name to update.  Hence, the guide isn't populating for me. 

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing or doing incorrectly?  I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me!  I am really hoping to get this working before my SD trial runs out in a few days. Want to make sure I can use it before paying for it.  :-)  

PhilWhite

When you add the Schedules Direct information under the Live TV section does it accept your lineup and say 'settings saved'?  Or does the circle continue spinning?

I had a problem with it not accepting my lineup two days ago (while it worked fine before that), but then it worked fine yesterday morning.

I would destroy your current Schedules Direct entry on the Live TV page and re-enter everything.  Sometimes that works.  Schedules Direct moved to a new server recently and they seem to be having a few hiccups.  The service is generally very reliable.

No problem adding the lineup in Emby after entering all my info (Zip Code, etc). My settings are saved OK because they persist when I navigate back to that section.  I've tried removing and setting up SD, still no luck.  :-(  Thank you for your help!

Hmm... Well now when I try remove my SD account it won't let me.  :-/

When l rebooted Emby Server I get the following:

Snapshot of GetDashboardResource generated by ServiceStack on 9/12/2015 12:52:28 AM
This reports json data source{"ResponseStatus":{"ErrorCode":"NullReferenceException","Message":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","StackTrace":" at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.TryResolve[T]()\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.AfterEachRequest(IRequest requestContext, TRequest request, Object response)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.HandleException(IRequest request, TRequest requestDto, Exception ex)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Process(IRequest requestContext, Object instance, Object request)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRequestExec`2.Execute(IRequest requestContext, Object instance, Object request)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<>c__DisplayClassf.<>c__DisplayClass11.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__e(IRequest reqCtx, Object req)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.ManagedServiceExec(ServiceExecFn serviceExec, IService service, IRequest request, Object requestDto)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<>c__DisplayClassf.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__d(IRequest requestContext, Object dto)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.Execute(Object requestDto, IRequest req)\r\n at ServiceStack.HostContext.ExecuteService(Object request, IRequest httpReq)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.GetResponse(IRequest request, Object requestDto)\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)"}}Close Window
Response Status Error Code NullReferenceException Message Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack Trace at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.TryResolve[T]() at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.AfterEachRequest(IRequest requestContext, TRequest request, Object response) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.HandleException(IRequest request, TRequest requestDto, Exception ex) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Process(IRequest requestContext, Object instance, Object request) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRequestExec`2.Execute(IRequest requestContext, Object instance, Object request) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<>c__DisplayClassf.<>c__DisplayClass11.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__e(IRequest reqCtx, Object req) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.ManagedServiceExec(ServiceExecFn serviceExec, IService service, IRequest request, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<>c__DisplayClassf.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__d(IRequest requestContext, Object dto) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.Execute(Object requestDto, IRequest req) at ServiceStack.HostContext.ExecuteService(Object request, IRequest httpReq) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.GetResponse(IRequest request, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

That last error made me re-install Emby to get moving again.  But I am back up!  :-)

Turned on both types of logging, didn't realize there were multiple logs.

I've attached the log file and it show that SD doesn't have guide data for 5xxx series channels.  which makes me wonder if SD provides this functionality or not?  If not, is there a way for me re-map the channels so the guide will work? 

Very much appreciate the support!

Emby_Log(20150911).txt

rkulagow

If you are still having issues with the Schedules Direct service then please send me a PM with your SD username so that I can enable debugging for your account on the server.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also having problems getting guide data to show up in Emby LiveTV.  I have Schedules Direct configured and when I go to that site I see guide XML metadata that shows channels and program information.  When I go to LiveTV in Emby there are no channels and no guide at all.

I have a HDHR Connect and getting TV from an antenna.  I'd really like to get this working but I'm at something of a loss.

I've tried refreshing the guide data but it takes 0 seconds to do that.  I turned on logging and refreshed again but I don't seem to be able to attach it to this message.  Perhaps lack of activity for my account?

What should I be looking for in the logs?

...Chuck Darney

I'm also having problems getting guide data to show up in Emby LiveTV.  I have Schedules Direct configured and when I go to that site I see guide XML metadata that shows channels and program information.  When I go to LiveTV in Emby there are no channels and no guide at all.

I have a HDHR Connect and getting TV from an antenna.  I'd really like to get this working but I'm at something of a loss.

I've tried refreshing the guide data but it takes 0 seconds to do that.  I turned on logging and refreshed again but I don't seem to be able to attach it to this message.  Perhaps lack of activity for my account?

What should I be looking for in the logs?

...Chuck Darney

The info requested here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.