Emby Creates Massive File on Phone Until Memory Exhausted

thunderpanda

thunderpanda

Once I've opened the app, unless I force stop it, it just continually grows a file called "emby", and doesn't stop until my phone runs out of memory. In my case, that happens to be about 4.5gb. It's almost like it's caching all of the videos from my desktop on to my phone.

I don't know where this file is actually located or how to find out. I see it by going to (from Android home screen) Settings -> More -> Storage -> Miscellaneous files (which shows the largest misc files on your system) and then it's the first file listed. The only details this screen gives me are that it's called "Emby" and that it is huge.

I just upgraded to Android 5.0.1, though the problem was identical before when I was running 4.x

Phone is Galaxy S4

Emby version on phone is 2.4.13, though I just updated and was having the same problem before I updated. I don't know what version I used to be running. The problem is still happening.

I believe the problem started about 2-3 weeks ago, right about the same time my phone asked me to upgrade to the new Android, though I held off on doing so until a couple days ago. Perhaps it's not a coincidence? My app may have auto-updated to the newest Emby release which was compatible with Android 5, and there is a bug in it?

I had this problem. It is a syncing issue. When it first came out I tried syncing my entire 3tb library. :( It would not cancel either on the phone or the server. I had to wait until it filled up. Then I was able to cancel it on the phone. Would not cancel serverside.

It sure is able to be cancelled. You can cancel an entire sync job or individual sync job items. Also if a sync related scheduled task is running, it can be stopped just like any other scheduled task.