This app needs a real update

Zelig

Hello There:

As a long long time user of MediaBrowser and now of Emby the first thing i want so say is that I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE.

Coudn't live without it.

I have a massive collection of media. More than 1.000 tv shows, more than 20.000 movies. Emby is the only software capable of giving me all that i need to keep it organize and ready to play.

Besides the windows server, i use the Android app for my mobile devices and the old Emby for WMC for my main tv.

Since it never crossed my mind to change to Windows 8, I never had the opportunity to try this app before.

Now that I've installed windows 10 on the server computer and on the one on my bedroom, since WMC is not there any more, I've tried it.

NOT to say that is a bad app but it's not nearly as good, for a main TV in the living room,  as the old Emby for WMC was. Especially bad is the remote control. For those of us used to control Emby with the WMC remote, it's imposible to do so.

So far I've decided not to upgrade my living room computer to Windows 10 a keep on using the old Emby for WMC until the Windows 10 app gets a much needed upgrade.

NOw that windows 10 is out and it is going to be the next referencial OS for windows users y think that this should be one of your priorities. Make the Windows 10 app as good and as complete (Skins, ect...) for living room users as the old Emby for WMC is.

And keep the great work you are doing. Becase of it, i'm a Life Supporter of Emby.

Thanks for reading

Hi,

I use the app all the time on my HTPC in the living room. The remote support is not perfect (yet) but is functional. Make sure you have the option set under general to mouse and keyboard.

I think the devs have first pass wanted to support the playback improvements in Win 10. Direct play of MKV's h265,h265 are really nice improvements.

If check show more data in grids the display scales nicely to the big screen. You can also adjust the Windows 10 display (I use 150% or 175%) and the app adjusts nicely. Shows even more data per screen.

The music support is probably the best of any emby app.

That said I agree there are opportunities to improve the remote support. The dev (7Illusions) is very open to feedback. So post some wish lists (I always do :) )

-Vicpa

• Like 2