Which HDHomerun

xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

I'm trying to decide which HDHomerun to get. Either the Connect or the Extend. I have an older version but it wont connect to emby unless I use a backend program, which I pull my hair to get setup. So I'm opting for the easier way. I'd like to stick with the Connect cause it's cheaper. The extend has the onboard transcoding but I dont know if emby takes advantage of it.

Thanks,

S.

jasonmcroy

I currently use and HDHomerun Prime and an Extend. I have used the Connect version in the past and I would definitely recommend the Extend version if you are only needing an OTA tuner. 

xXSagaiaXx

We do take advantage of the HDHR transcoding, yes. It can help reduce transcoding required by Emby Server.

Yeah I was afraid you were going to say that. I'll probably invest in the extend.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yeah I was afraid you were going to say that. I'll probably invest in the extend.

The extend seems to be very limited stock at most stores recently. Speculation is that SiliconDust is trying to clear inventory before announcing a new version. Nothing has been confirmed though. 

xXSagaiaXx

The extend seems to be very limited stock at most stores recently. Speculation is that SiliconDust is trying to clear inventory before announcing a new version. Nothing has been confirmed though.

Didn't they just release the extend recently? I saw that Amazon was sold out.

Didn't they just release the extend recently? I saw that Amazon was sold out.

I believe it was originally released around January last year under the HDHomeRun Plus name. So coming up on 2 years old.