Convert from multi user SQL to Emby server

Bohemi

Hi all,

Seeing the strong solution emby is providing with the emby for kodi addon, I am considering a switch from my current multi user SQL to emby within kodi. That way I am no longer struggling to switch to new kodi versions and it will be easier to maintain my database.

I have over 800 movies and a whole bunch of series so I would like to keep my watched status records for each user when converting. Is this possible and if yes, how should I approach that?

bdw my server is running on windows 7...

Thanks for your advice!

Angelblue05

Do you use Trakt for your users, because I think this will be the only way to keep your watched status. You can use trakt to sync back the playstate into Emby, for each of your users.

If you only had one user, then your nfo contain the watched status which Emby would then import. However, since you are asking for multiple users, your options are quite limited. 

It's not the answer i hoped for but at least it's a clear one.:-)

I don't even know what trakt is ....Once I intensively tested emby I'll just adjust it manually.

Thanks anyway

Thanks for the advice, that worked just fine! synced watched statuses within 30 min. for all users....

So far emby for kodi is a great replacement for my SQL solution which is difficult to update with kodi if you have no SQL knowledge like myself.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice, that worked just fine! synced watched statuses within 30 min. for all users....

So far emby for kodi is a great replacement for my SQL solution which is difficult to update with kodi if you have no SQL knowledge like myself.

Yep, SQL is a thing of the past for Kodi. Having a centralized server like Emby with a nice web gui is the future. :)

• Like 1