Refresh Metadata

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, i have loads of music in my library and recently i decided to clean up the genres. I made all the changes in Media Monkey and saved the tags, i can see these are all there in Windows Explorer.

But i've tried all the options to get Emby to recognise that these changes have been made and nothing works. rescanned library, refreshed metadata from the metadata manager and tried the advanced refresh. the final has been running for 12+ hours on one of my pc's the circle is still spinning but not one bit of genre metadata has been added. by the way, that has to be the least useful user feedback on what the system is doing that i have ever seen. you may as well just have it go to a blank screen.

next on my list is to trash the library and start again, which i am willing to do but it seems a bit extreme for what should be a fairly simple change. but i've seen posts on similar questions going back year go unanswered, at least in the eyes of the person asking the question.

Any ideas?

Spaceboy

So after several days, it seems the only way to do this is delete the library.db and let it rebuild. Sorry but those refresh buttons are worse than useless. No info on what is going on and it just never stopped, I let it run for 3 days through several server restarts and the blooming wheel is still spinning!