Streamingissues with nextpvr

paulgs3

I'm starting to think my streaming issues are related to nextpvr. I can stream in Kodi but as I change the channel I lose video and eventually I lose connection with nextpvr.  This is what is happening on the server:

55ec96c74602e_screenshot2.jpg

CPU:

55ec96dac9f07_screenshot3.jpg

It seems nextpvr is getting "sticky" with the streams and it is not releasing the streams when they are no longer needed. Running HDHR connect and an AIW650HD PCIe card.  Any suggestions?

it depends on how you close the video. if you close it gracefully, e.g. using video player stop button, or other mechanisms in the UI that are designed to stop the video, then this should never happen.

On the other hand, if you abruptly close the app, or the app crashes, then the app won't have a chance to tell the server that the stream should be closed. When this happens the server will eventually close the stream when it realizes the client has gone silent, but this timeout takes a little while.

So I thought about what you said and when I press "stop" before changing the channel it seems to alleviate the problem within Kodi.  That is going to be a tough habit to break as I've been pressing the channel up/down button for over 40 years.... I Can do it!!  So sticky threads are resolved.  Video playback error is not unfortunately. I'm leaning towards codec problem now. 

Also, I was able to generate a log from my T4 Element box running the Emby android box, but it allowed me to send anonymously so just letting you know I just sent it. 

Edited by paulgs3

Another update.....

I signed up for the beta android emby player.... Looking for that thread now to reference and it allowed me to play live TV!!!  But don't get excited, it plays but it looks like complete ass. And unfortunately, recorded programs also suffer the same fate ( look like ass).  So I'm searching for that thread so I can un-signup for that beta or test or whatever it was. It is so bogged down; lips were not even synced and sports was like watching minecraft the pixalation was so bad.

I got kodi working on my firestick so I don't really need emby for the time being, gonna step away and depend on kodi and plex as they seem to work. Didn't hear/see anything back so I guess my problems for the most part is un-fixable. I'll keep checking back from time to time and see if you all get a working TV streaming service, thanks for trying!

• 2 weeks later...

Been some time, and it is about time for the re-occiring monthly support "donation".

Since no one answered and there doesn't seem to be a fix, looks like I'm done supporting this project. Glad I didn't waste money on that lifetime....

Been some time, and it is about time for the re-occiring monthly support "donation".

Since no one answered and there doesn't seem to be a fix, looks like I'm done supporting this project. Glad I didn't waste money on that lifetime....

We do really want to help, I'm sorry I think we just missed this. If you want to go back to post #6 and supply the info requested there, I can take a look. I know you posted a log but it was very small and doesn't appear to have any playback activity within it. We have taken your feedback to heart though about channel changing with simple up/down and will be adding that soon too.

We do really want to help, I'm sorry I think we just missed this. If you want to go back to post #6 and supply the info requested there, I can take a look. I know you posted a log but it was very small and doesn't appear to have any playback activity within it. We have taken your feedback to heart though about channel changing with simple up/down and will be adding that soon too.

It would be nice also to answer my request aswell..