Playback issues with AVI (DivX/XviD) files

Ultroman

Ultroman

Hi

I'm having issues playing a bunch of files on my Samsung TV. My TV is a UE48H6470.

They're all AVI files, but some are XviD and some are DivX, and they are all showing very similar issues.

Within 5-30 seconds of starting them, they stop and display the "Loading" sign in the top right for about 20 seconds, then they start again, usually running the video for about 10 seconds before the audio kicks in, then 10-40 seconds later, it stops and displays the "Loading" sign...and it goes on like that.

Quite many of my older (AVI) series do this, and I'm having no trouble when utilizing the other players (web and Android).

EDIT: It is NOT a bandwidth or performance issue, as I'm able to play huge h264 files and .ts files, both direct play and some that transcode, with no problems what so ever.

Also, the files are very small, like, 200-300mb for over half an hour. That's not a lot of kbps for old AVIs.

I've included the Swagger logs in this post, but they are also available, with video-snippets, from my OneDrive here: http://1drv.ms/1hN0KFI

Thanks in advance! You're all doing a great job :D

Sincerely Ultroman

Top Gear - Cheap Car Challenge - 100$ car - S04E03 - log.txt

Top Gear - HHCIB - Build amphibious cars - S08E03 - log.txt

Edited by Ultroman

shorty1483

I played the S0403 Snippet on my 55H6270, which is the same like the 6470 except the CMR. After a few seconds the video stops with a "Render Error Type 7" and I'm back in details screen. 

When playing the file in WebClient, the transcoding log gives a huge mess of errors like this:

[mpeg4 @ 0650eec0] Video uses a non-standard and wasteful way to store B-frames ('packed B-frames'). Consider using the mpeg4_unpack_bframes bitstream filter without encoding but stream copy to fix it.
[mpeg4 @ 07eddbe0] low_delay flag set incorrectly, clearing it
[mpeg4 @ 0434d540] has_b_frames is larger in decoder than demuxer 1 > 0 If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. (ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org)

The log for this lil 3min snippet is around 1MB  :blink:

Look at this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18499-v0560b-undefined-render-error-type-7/

I think you should try to completely reencode the problematic files or rip them yourself from the DVD or somewhat. Pretty sure the errors with packed b frames in the MP4 DX50 Codec is the reason for your issues.

Hope I could help.

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 2

Ultroman

Thank you VERY much for your interest in this issue! :D

Since I wasn't the one who ripped it, I can't redo it. I didn't get any errors in the Samsung player log, but I haven't checked my webplayer log. I'll go do that.

I'd have to do what your log suggests, and unpack the b-frames. I don't know of a program that does just that, without reencoding. Any ideas? I'm guessing I'll have to unwrap the video-track, run it through some ffmpeg console application with the correct flags, and then rewrap it in a container. EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out

I've might have found a fix myself, though it is a weird one. Simply changing the container to MKV (muxing it with MKVToolnix) has made the problem go away, on the first video I've tried it with.

Really weird...I'll test this solution with some more videos.

Thanks again!

Edited by Ultroman

shorty1483

FFMpeg is a good choice. Based on that, you can also try eac3to.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Edit: you need definitely reencode the file :)

Edited by shorty1483

Ultroman

Hi

Alright, so it was my AVI-files which were slightly corrupt, and ripped in an unhealthy manner.

I found this magical command prompt line, that fixes those b-frames, and apparently also a bunch of other things:

ffmpeg -i INPUT.AVI -codec copy -bsf:v mpeg4_unpack_bframes OUTPUT.AVI

It tells you what is wrong with the file, while it tries to fix what it can. Some of my older files had bad b-frames, as well as various missing headers and packets. No wonder the Samsung player had trouble playing them.

After running the above command line on them, the errors were all gone (when I tried running the result through it again, to see which errors were left behind), and the videos play flawlessly (also in the Samsung app), without any errors in the logs :D

Thank you VERY much for your time, shorty1483. eac3to looks very promising for future endeavors :)

Sincerely Ultroman

• Like 2