Home videos missing

marc_al

Hello,

I would like to keep my directory structure in Kodi instead of having all my structure in one "virtual directory).

For example I have the following structure

Videos

- Tape rip

- DVD

- Tuner

At the moment I have seen that if I create a Movies media type, I have an option to keep the directories in the web client (android too), but this option doesn't work with Emby for Kodi. When I go into my Film directory in Kodi, all the films are one next to the other.

As Home Videos are not treated at all, I was hoping to put my media library as Home video to keep my folder structure. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you

Marc

Vidman

Hello,

I would like to keep my directory structure in Kodi instead of having all my structure in one "virtual directory).

For example I have the following structure

Videos

- Tape rip

- DVD

- Tuner

At the moment I have seen that if I create a Movies media type, I have an option to keep the directories in the web client (android too), but this option doesn't work with Emby for Kodi. When I go into my Film directory in Kodi, all the films are one next to the other.

As Home Videos are not treated at all, I was hoping to put my media library as Home video to keep my folder structure. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you

Marc

if you install a skin like titan you can recreate the folder structure you have/want in the skin settings

(The default skin confluence does not have the option to edit home screen menu)

Edited by Vidman

cw-kid

I just added my Home Movies to the Content type of Movies in the Emby Server rather than using Home Videos. Least they appear in Kodi for now. 

if you install a skin like titan you can recreate the folder structure you have/want in the skin settings

(The default skin confluence does not have the option to edit home screen menu)

Hello,

I have made some tests and it can separate the different video types. For exampel if I have Marc Movies and Paul Movies, they can be separated.

But if I have in Marc Video some sub directories, they are always merged. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Marc

Hello,

The skin I tried in Kodi was Titan (as recommended).

In the web client, there is no problem (In the settings of the user I have disabled  the parameter Group Movies into collection)  so all the directories are kept (but the parameter is not working in Kodi).

For example if I have

the structure

Marc Video

Group1

VIDEO1

VIDEO2

Group 2

VIDEO3

VIDEO4

Paul Video

Group3

VIDEO5

VIDEO6

Group 4

VIDEO7

VIDEO8

Marc Video and Paul Video

If I go in Marc Video, I have Group1 and Group2

and inside a grou I have all the videos.

If I go in Kodi (I have removed Movies shortcut to keep Videos only (in Movies all was merged so it was not useable for me as there was Marc Video, Paul Video...))

then I go in Videos and I have Marc Video and Paul Video (what I want) (and all the other media types such as Series...)

But If I go in Marc Video, there is no Group1 neither group2.

Only Video1, Video2, Video3, Video4 (instead of Group1 and Group 2 and inside the group, the videos.)

Marc

Vidman

Yep you need to go into titan skin settings and add custom shortcuts to your home screen that point to these locations in the emby add-on

Hello,

Thank you for the patience :)

I have already tested that.

I can create the shortcut and choose Marc Videos (no problem) but I can't choose a groupe inside Marc Video. And when I go in Marc Videos I see all 4 Videos instead of two directories.

And when the Marc Video directories are put as Home Video it doesn't appear at all in Kodi.