WD TV Live new profile

marc_al

Hello,

I have seen that he default WD TV Live was not working for me.

My WD TV Live can play videos that have a DTS sound (and convert the sound to stereo). (the profile doesn't allow it) and the maximum bitrate is higher than 35 Mbps so I have changed the profile to enable 60Mbps and added some codec that were missing.

Marc

WDTV Live.xml

Edited by marc_al
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
xtremecool

I've got a few TV eps with embedded SRT subs which the WD TV didn't like, even though it looks like Emby tried to transcode the files when played, to 'help'.

I removed the subs from a MKV and it played OK, so it was the subs and not an issue with the container, video or audio.

A little researching on here, and the profile marc_al provided, and I've added in a few sub types, which has resulted in the original files playing OK, and the subs are selectable on the WD TV.

It probably could do with all the WD TV Live supported sub types being added but for the moment I hope this helps anyone else who has issues with embedded subs on their WD TV Live.

WDTV Live.xml

• 4 weeks later...
Toys7505

HI guys,

Where would one place this xml file? I'm having a problem playing my mkv rips through the DLNA feature from Emby. If I select the movie through regular network share, the mkv rips play fine. I'm sure it has something to do with the WD TV default profile and want to try the xml files that are attached here.

Thanks,

Toys

Toys7505

HI guys,

Where would one place this xml file? I'm having a problem playing my mkv rips through the DLNA feature from Emby. If I select the movie through regular network share, the mkv rips play fine. I'm sure it has something to do with the WD TV default profile and want to try the xml files that are attached here.

Thanks,

Toys

I found where to place the xml file. The WD TV profile works!! Thanks marc_al for taking the time to write and post up for us!!

Toys

overClocked!

I found where to place the xml file. The WD TV profile works!! Thanks marc_al for taking the time to write and post up for us!!

Toys

Please share the location where to place the xml file with the rest of the class. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overClocked!

Never mind. I think I found it, too.

"%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\system".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by overClocked!