Web client highest bitrate

marc_al

Gello,

I have tried to play a video with the web client (on windows) and I have seen that the maximum bitrate (in the gear) is 30 Mbps 1080p.

The video I try to play has a bitrate of 35 mbps and the maximum bitrate I can specify in the web client is 30 mbps (1080p). So Emby is trying to reencode the video.

Is there an option to add a new maximum bitrate in the web client (or an option to never reencode the video)?

Thank you

Marc

shorty1483

No. But in beta for Android Luke introduced an automatic bitrate setting which can go further tha 30Mbps. I think this will also be implemented in the WebClient in one of the next versions.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Gello,

I have tried to play a video with the web client (on windows) and I have seen that the maximum bitrate (in the gear) is 30 Mbps 1080p.

The video I try to play has a bitrate of 35 mbps and the maximum bitrate I can specify in the web client is 30 mbps (1080p). So Emby is trying to reencode the video.

Is there an option to add a new maximum bitrate in the web client (or an option to never reencode the video)?

Thank you

Marc

And what browser is going to support the native playback?