Streaming Pictures and Music SImultaneously

okenquist

okenquist

Hi all. A forum search turned up nothing

I'm running Emby on my PC Win7 and a 2015 Roku 2.  I can stream my pictures and I can stream my music, but I can't seem to be able to do both at the same time.

I'm not sure what other info I can provide....

I don't know if this is a Roku issue or an Emby issue, but this is a good feature and I'm hoping someone here might know how to pull it off

My old PS3 (now dead) allowed me to do this because it let you play media and then browse other meida with turning off the fist one.

legallink

Are you trying to stream pictures and media to the same device?  Different devices?  A little more explanation of what you are trying to do and the setup you have.  What device are you trying to stream to, through what interface, from what device, wireless/wired/internal/remote, etc.

With more information we will be able to at least point you in most likely an applicable direction.

okenquist

Are you trying to stream pictures and media to the same device? Different devices? A little more explanation of what you are trying to do and the setup you have. What device are you trying to stream to, through what interface, from what device, wireless/wired/internal/remote, etc.

With more information we will be able to at least point you in most likely an applicable direction.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm trying to stream pictures and music to the same device. Streaming both wirelessly from my desktop PC to my roku 2.

A picture slideshow set to music, streamed, within my home.

I've tried doing this through the Emby channel on the Roku 2. As far as I can tell, the Roku only allows one "feed" (if that's the right term) at one time. Meaning I can't seem to stream pictures and then browse any other files without stopping the picture streaming.

I also experimented with the mobile Emby app trying to cast the screen to the Roku but the Emby app didn't seem to play two things at once (pics and music) either.

My pics and music playing at the same time is the goal. I don't really care how I get there but I am limited by my PC, a Roku 2 and a wireless connection to the Roku and TV.

Even if there was some way I could play pics over a Spotify or Pandora, that would be great too

Interestingly, the Roku app allows you to do this (play both at the same time and cast to screen), but is limited to content on your phone. I don't like managing tons of music and pics on my phone but that may be my last resort

I hope this helps. Let me know if something isn't clear

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by okenquist

legallink

I think this would be better posted in the Roku forum directly.  I'm not 100% sure, but I thought you could, in the settings of the roku app, set it so music will play while browsing, and I would assume that includes pictures.  I don't have any pictures on my setup to test for you unfortunately.

• Like 1

This definitely sound client specific. It would be nice to see it in the web client.

It is a feature that is missed, having come from WMC and having that ability.

I personally use DLNA for all my devices and an android tablet to control everything, so it doesn't nessessarily work for me.

Might be worth posting in the various client app sections and see if their developers would be interested in it.

• Like 1