TV Shows not syncing, Weird issue with Video>.xml

VladTepz

VladTepz

Running Kodi 15.1, Kodi-Emby 1.1.36, Emby Server 3.0.5724.3

TV Shows are not populating with initial sync or any other sync.

Weird issues with Userdata>Library>Video>Emby-TV>*.xml files?

Example, contents of my TV_all.xml, notice the <content>movies</content>. Is that normal?

<node order="1" type="filter"><label>TV</label><match>all</match><content>movies</content><icon>special://home/addons/plugin.video.emby/icon.png</icon><order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order><rule field="tag" operator="is"><value>TV</value></rule></node>

Pretty much all the .xml files in Userdata>Library>Video have <content>movies</content> where <content></content> is included.

Tried to manually edit, but they seam to get overwritten

If you need logs or anything else just let me know & I'll be happy to provide anything.

VladTepz

I think I found the issue  :unsure:

Apparently my TV library is too large... Tested with a test user with access to a more limited TV library & everything worked as expected.... Not sure if this is a limitation on the server or the addon....

My Full Library Statistics...

248 Shows

19,542 Episodes

Not sure what to do... :blink:  Any suggestions? :mellow:

VladTepz

I think you are probably just perceiving that as the answer when it is really something else.

Perhaps you are correct, just tested, was about to edit my post...,if I add a limited library, then add access to to the user to my full library after the initial scan, it works...for some reason it will not do an initial scan on my full library though...

mellomade

I ran into this problem while testing yesterday - and was able to solve it by renaming my media folder that held my TV shows (in Library - Folders).  I changed it from TV to TV Shows and resynced - then everything was found.  The web interface saw everything fine when it was named TV - but who knows what happened - I've been frequently adding/subtracting folders from that library while testing....

• Like 1

VladTepz

I ran into this problem while testing yesterday - and was able to solve it by renaming my media folder that held my TV shows (in Library - Folders).  I changed it from TV to TV Shows and resynced - then everything was found.  The web interface saw everything fine when it was named TV - but who knows what happened - I've been frequently adding/subtracting folders from that library while testing....

I could kiss you!  :D

That was indeed the issue, after renaming from "TV" to "TV Shows", it is finally syncing....

Thank you so much mellomade.  :)

Angelblue05

Odd, because my TV library in Emby is named TV and no problems here. My guess is your TV section had the view styles disabled (rich presentation) and it defaulted to movies because that's what the add-on is set to do when there's no content type returned by the server. It is a new issue we are working on fixing.

VladTepz

Odd, because my TV library in Emby is named TV and no problems here. My guess is your TV section had the view styles disabled (rich presentation) and it defaulted to movies because that's what the add-on is set to do when there's no content type returned by the server. It is a new issue we are working on fixing.

Your guess would be correct. I do have view styles disabled for movies & tv, but enabled for everything else...

This issue started for me about 2-3+ weeks ago using the stable addon. I have multiple users & multiple Kodi installations around the house which forced me back to MySQL until I had time to figure this out. :( Even tried...Plex :rolleyes: But the more I used it, the more I missed Emby. ;)

I spent about 4 hour yesterday trying to narrow down the issue ^_^ , thank you so much mellomade. :)

So thanks for the replies for trying/helping me out & thanks to the Devs of Emby & Emby-Kodi for creating such software.

Angelblue05, if you need anything from me, (logs, testing, etc..), to help fix this new issue, I'd be more than willing to help in any way I can.

Thanks again guys. :D

Edited by VladTepz
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, the issue started happening around the time. At least the first person to mention it did so around the same time frame. The server api changed slightly which is why this issue started happening in the first place. Thanks, we already know the issue but we are waiting on Luke for follow up on this.

Currently the only fix is to enable rich presentation for all your content until this is resolved. :)

• Like 1

VladTepz

To be clear, for anyone having this issue. View Styles MUST be enabled.

The reason changing the name of the library fixed the issue for me was because once you change the name of the library, it is pretty much treated as a new library & View Styles were enabled on it by default.

Thanks again everyone :)