How do you run the server as a service?

mGraziano
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

mGraziano

I am running windows essentials 2012 and I installed the mediabrowser server software.  I would like to run the server as a service so I don't have to be logged in.

Good day,

1 - From the mb3 dashboard tools - advanced menu and disable the option "run server at start up"

2 - Shut down MB3 server.

3 - Run win 2012 services and for the service "media browser" at the "login" tab, add the admin user/pass for your login profile.

- Still at that, on the on the "general" tab, put start up as automatic, then apply the change and close the service.

My best

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
mGraziano

Why did this stop working? The Emby Service will no longer start. This happened months ago on my windows server. EmbyServer.exe runs fine but how do I run this as a service so that I don't have to be logged in to the server. Now it will only stay running if I'm logged into the server.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Why did this stop working? The Emby Service will no longer start. This happened months ago on my windows server. EmbyServer.exe runs fine but how do I run this as a service so that I don't have to be logged in to the server. Now it will only stay running if I'm logged into the server.

Running Emby Server as a Windows Service

Process chance, there are dozens of other topics on this.

• Like 1

mGraziano

Thanks. I can try that. But I don't understand why the installed service from emby is no longer working. I have run this on a windows server for years and it has always work. Under 'Services' there is a service named 'Emby Server' this service will no longer start, it has for years, it stopped working several updates ago.  I have never had to install another piece of software to do this.

Edited by mGraziano