Sync no longer working after latest update

c0m3r

Angelblue05

@@im85288

You bumped Jarvis database version to 95? Is there a higher kodi version than 16.0 alpha 2 available for windows, because according to wiki, it's still supposed to be db 94. :)

@@c0m3r

Quick fix in your situation until im85288 replies, is to go to kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\utils.py. Open in notepad, then line 82, change to dbVersion to 94.

elif kodibuild.startswith("16"):
        # Jarvis
        dbVersion = "95"
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Not sure about the database, I was running a previous nightly so when I noticed this issue I installed the alpha 2 to make sure it wasnt a kodi problem. 

Any particular reason for that suggestion? The fix suggested above works for the full sync but not the incremental sync.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Your log doesn't show anything. It shows you shutting down Kodi as the add-on was loading up. Can you let it run a bit longer, and on your server in the metadata manager, press save on one of your movies so we can see what the add-on is doing. The fix I gave you should work otherwise.

I know but I hadnt shut it down. It acts as though I am but I was sat waiting for it to load. The whole of kodi freezes when it happens.

Angelblue05

Odd? In your kodi log it says the add-on loaded 11:36:38 and while the sync thread was going at 11:36:45 (7 seconds later) it tried to exit. It would freeze Kodi, because it's trying to sync your database and shut down of some sort was requested at the same time.

Anyway, you will need to recapture a new log, this time with the emby add-on debug set to Info because it was not enabled so I don't see anything in your log. :) Try to wait longer (about one minute) while Kodi is running so we can get as much info as possible, thanks.

im85288

Sorry for the late reply. We do not support Alpha/Nightly versions. If there are issues please revert back to the stable version of Kodi and await the beta version of Jarvis when we will start to provide support with this addon.

Edited by xnappo

BarryAmerika

Yayy!

I've been tearing my hair out trying to work out where I went wrong. Might be worth posting this in the stickied emby for kodi beta thread - I'm sure most people on im85288's Arctic Zephyr skin upgraded to jarvis and will be having similar problems.

@@im85288

You bumped Jarvis database version to 95? Is there a higher kodi version than 16.0 alpha 2 available for windows, because according to wiki, it's still supposed to be db 94. :)

@@c0m3r

Quick fix in your situation until im85288 replies, is to go to kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\utils.py. Open in notepad, then line 82, change to dbVersion to 94.

elif kodibuild.startswith("16"):
        # Jarvis
        dbVersion = "95"

I can confirm that using the above, but changing dbVersion to 96, has fixed the syncing issue with the current 16 alpha 2 / nightly builds

badaas

10:57:32 T:5352   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-7:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 1048, in run
                                                libSync = self.FullLibrarySync()
                                              File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 178, in FullLibrarySync
                                                self.MusicFullSync(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 466, in MusicFullSync
                                                self.ProcessMusicArtists(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 555, in ProcessMusicArtists
                                                WriteKodiMusicDB().addOrUpdateArtistToKodiLibrary(item,connection, cursor)
                                              File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\WriteKodiMusicDB.py", line 92, in addOrUpdateArtistToKodiLibrary
                                                cursor.execute("SELECT idArtist FROM artist WHERE strArtist = ? COLLATE NOCASE", (name,))
                                            OperationalError: no such table: artist

im85288

The latest in GIT for the emby addon is already pointing at db version 96. No need for any notepad changing :)

Diedrich

Thank God! I thought I effed something up yesterday by going from Alpha1 to Alpha2. In fact, I went as far as to uninstall both Kodi and Emby! I'm sticking with Jarvis because I LOVE the Titan beta skin. I'll try this hack maybe tomorrow. Thanks!