Back-to-Back Recordings Issue

mellomade

mellomade

I know this issue has been discussed briefly in the Server Testing Area - but has there been any consensus on how to handle scheduled recordings when all tuners are busy?  This is especially problematic when using any padding (other than 0) and recordings are back to back on the same channel.

doesn't the retry handle it? if not, why not? that's what we need to know. 

the retry is not a permanent solution. better options were mentioned in the testing thread that we'll pursue. but it's ok for 1.0.

mellomade

@@Luke - sorry I was not aware there was a retry function already in the latest dev build.  Using Version 3.0.5721.932 it failed using a 2 minute padding.  So 4 minutes after the error below when all tuners were busy the recording scheduled after it on channel 6.1 failed.

2015-08-31 12:58:00.0051 Info - App: Streaming Channel hdhr_6.1
2015-08-31 12:58:00.0519 Info - App: Writing file to path: \\10.0.1.11\DVR\Recorded TV\Emby\Series\Sid the Science Kid\Sid the Science Kid S02E18 The Big Cheese!.ts
2015-08-31 12:58:00.0519 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://10.0.1.33:5004/auto/v6.1
2015-08-31 12:58:00.0988 Error - App: Error getting response from http://10.0.1.33:5004/auto/v6.1
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5721.932
	Command line: C:\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
	System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-08-31 12:58:00.0988 Error - App: Error recording
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5721.932
	Command line: C:\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<RecordStream>d__63.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

mellomade

I'll get that for you asap @@Luke - thanks.

On a side note - this may be related.  For example if I have 2 recordings going from 3:30pm-4pm each with a padding of 2 minutes.  If there is a recording scheduled from 4-4:30pm it will disappear from the scheduled recording list precisely at 4pm when both tuners are busy.  Recording or series icon and everything goes away.

mellomade

Server log

Arthur on PBS (6.1) and 9News at 4pm (9.1) recorded fine.  BBC World News (6.1) failed.

One thing I tried quickly on an earlier test (example above) was once the clock turned 4pm I immediately scheduled a recording from 4-4:30pm while both tuners were busy.  And that one worked.  So it seems that there is a disconnect during the 2 minutes of padding before 4pm when EmbyTV loses the scheduled recording.  Thoughts?

mellomade

Server Log

Version 3.0.5724.25368

Still does not pick up the recording scheduled while 2 tuners are busy.  Now it won't clear the scheduled list after the time has past either.

9News at 4pm (9.1) and Odd Squad (6.1) recorded fine.  Arthur on (6.1) failed.

mellomade

Version 3.0.5731.24252

Server Log

Sorry @@Luke but with the latest dev build I see an issue where if all tuners are busy - any recordings scheduled immediately after are not picked up.  I have 4 tuners configured here and have set 6 shows to record in this log.  They are:

1pm-2pm - TMZ Live

1pm-2pm - Judge Mathis

1pm-2pm - The Doctors

1pm-1:30pm - Tuner busy recording with other software until exactly 1:30pm

1:30pm-2pm - Thomas & Friends

2pm-3pm - Let's Make A Deal

2pm-3pm - Divorce Court

Thomas & Friends did not record - leaving that tuner open when my other program quit at 1:30pm.  At 2pm this tuner picked up 'Let's Make A Deal' and ignored 'Divorce Court'.  Each of these shows had 2 minutes of padding at either end.