No Playback Internal or External Player

strangeluck

strangeluck

I seem to have a problem playing back media of any kind using either the internal or an external player (MPC-HC latest version). Content plays without issue when using the web browser to access Media Browser. Attempting to play content while using Media Browster Theater however does not work. I can browse my entire collection within the client and when I select an item for playback I can even see network activity taking place (as though the content is being accessed) but playback never starts. This applies to both the internal MBT player and when attempting to pass content to an external player (MPC-HC). I do not recieve any errors when attempting playback, so I'm not sure attaching log files will be of any help. Playback simply does not start regardless of media type. Running Windows 8.1 with LAV filters installed and working with other media players. Any ideas?

snazy2000

I had this issue where my media pc did not have the correct credentials to connect to my servers movie drive, but I could still see all my movies because that's being fetched from the MB Server database and not scanning the files every time you load it. So that could be your issue so try and connect to the pc through the network (Unless its on the same pc) 

If its on the same pc can you attach the logs we can take look see if there is any issues

strangeluck

Not on the same pc and have no issues accessing the pc hosting the files over the network. Both computers are running the same operating system and can see and access each other's file shares.

well for one thing, if you're having trouble it might make sense to disable madvr and xysubfilter, get the basic player working and then build your way up from there.

strangeluck

well for one thing, if you're having trouble it might make sense to disable madvr and xysubfilter, get the basic player working and then build your way up from there.

I have tried that. Player does not work regardless of whether madvr/xysub/reclock are enabled or disabled.

strangeluck

Are your directories going in the media settings on mb server set to network shares?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

No, that fixed it. The directories were shared, but MB Server was pointing to the local drive paths. Changing the media library settings to point to the network share path is now allowing me to play media. Thanks for all the help!

snazy2000

Are your directories going in the media settings on mb server set to network shares?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk