A couple of questions about the Roku client

richspam

richspam

Hi,

A couple of things I can't seem to be able to find in the Roku client, that I miss coming from Kodi..

Is there a "Play from here" option somewhere? e.g. if I navigate to a TV show season, and I want the episodes to continously play, is there a way to do that?

Lastly, is there a way to stretch the screen? e.g. if I'm watching an old show which was filmed in 4:3 or a movie with black bars top and bottom, I'd like to resize it to fill the whole screen, Is there a way to do that?

For me these are pretty fundamental basic things to want to do, I'd be surprised if I can't?!

Many thanks.

Play-from-here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/8001-emby-for-roku-channel/page-28&do=findComment&comment=196770

Stretch-the-screen: not possible on the roku. You would have to use your tv remote and its aspect ratio/zoom modes, on my vizio it is the "wide" button and it has only 4 settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

richspam

Many thanks, I'll give that a try.

Shame about the lack of screen resize option. Plex doesn't seem to be able to do it either, only Kodi. Real shame as I'd so like to ditch Kodi completely.

Some of our other apps have zooming controls. For Roku, we could handle this with transcoding by altering the aspect ratio, but for most people this will be undesirable as direct play seems to be the thing people want most.