Issues With Kodi and MetaData

Phrosty

Phrosty

Brand new to Emby as I have been looking for a solution to use and sync for my Kodi boxes inside my house.  I jsut set it up on my Windows home computer which houses some of my media through external hard drives.  All my movies are setup as "Movie Name (year released)" and I have all my TV shows as "TV Show Name -> Season # -> episode".

All my content appears to have synced.  The problem I'm having is none of the metadata (mostly the movie/TV shows description) is showing up on my installation. 

Also I've downloaded and added my own fanart and folder images to my library. Most items are showing in the Kodi library but there are a handful of ones that show no images even though they've been downloaded and were working when I was just using SMB shares.

Could someone explain to me what settings I need to use in order to get the movie/tv episode descriptions to show?  Also if there is anything I can do to figure out why certain images aren't showing up for TV shows and movies?

Angelblue05

If it's missing from the Emby server webclient, then it will be missing from Kodi. Is this the case? You will need to do a refresh on those entries in the metadata manager to make it appear. If you press the three dots, you can also do an advanced refresh to load your local artwork and metadata.

55dd130e6d33a_metadatamanager.png

55dd1338dcf5e_editmetadata3.png

Edited by Angelblue05

Phrosty

Thanks AngelBlue, that works to add the metadata in for sure but I'm finding that I have to click "identify" as the advanced refresh doesn't seem to pull any meta data.  I'll post in the server forum as well, thank you!