Issues with Emby Beta

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

Running the Kodi Beta on a raspberry pi with OSMC. Also have incremental sync setup and turned on.

When I watch a TV show the watched status is not syncing back to the server. When a program finishes it stays like its never been watched. If i stop half way through I sometimes get the partially watched status symbol but its rare and inconsistent. If i manually mark something as watched it syncs fine.

Any logs i can post to help?

Angelblue05

Did you reset your library since beta 1.1.33? Otherwise you'll get errors when it comes to playstate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kolbasz

I have this same issue.  been really strange the way things act lately.  I actually saw one show go from all watched to unwatched, but that is one time so I am not too worried, just mentioning it.

As far as the position randomly working and things not marking watched when complete, thats what I am seeing.  To be specific, I finish a show, it gets a check and then it instantly goes away...looking at the above, I have not reset my library, allegedly I am on 1.1.34.  

Attaching log as reference.

Also, I want to throw out there a suggestion.  No idea if it is possible, but it would be awesome if in a case where the library needs to be reset, if it did it automatically on install or prompted the user.  I say this because in the case of the add-on updating on its own, such an issue is unknown till we come here and it could be a few days before we think of it as an issue.  I see the one off things here and there, but dont think much of them since they happen once.  something like this happens, then it does it again and again at which point I realize something is broken,  if the add-on would just handle the reset, that would rule.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

I don't think the add-on will ever control the reset but we can add surely add some kind of warning when the add-on is updated. The reset was mentioned in the beta thread in red. If you are going to test beta, it is your job to make yourself familiar with what's happening. We do everything we can to make the transition as easy as possible. :)

Anyway, if you reset your library, things should start working correctly again.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19739-emby-for-kodi-beta/?p=238617

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

kolbasz

OK, will do.  I understand the risk of beta, so that is cool, but I also dont follow all changes and fixes.  Yes, I accept this as my fault and is likely why they say to disable auto update on beta...  However, something that says hey, reset library within kodi would rule.  If not, I accept the idea that things break and that when they do I will come to the forum for answers.  So either way, whether it is kodi telling me or the forum, one way or another I will figure out that I need to reset the library...

thanks!

• Like 1

runtimesandbox

ah my bad, must have missed that one. Will do a full reset now and see if it fixes it

Like the idea of the message telling you when you need to do this - great if its possible :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this feature got added the other day.  I saw I was missing some new content, so I rebooted and was prompted to re-build DB.  this is perfect.  the only thing more perfect is to see the dialog without rebooting, but I am not sure that is possible.  regardless, the first thing I do when things act crazy is reboot, so I would see it then.

Thanks!