Vera plugin

tp546
Go to solution Solved by chef,

chef

should it be working for me too or are you still working on it?

did you try the latest release?

• Like 1

did you try the latest release?

I'm on version 1.0.0.1230 - is that the latest? If so, it is not working for me still. I didn't restart Emby or Vera or delete the xml though - let me know if you want me to try any of those.

• Like 1

chef

Latest version is higher then the one you have installed.

Try the update, restart emby server and then try the configuration too see if the changes to the jquery and HTML remedy anything.

Edited by chef

Latest version is higher then the one you have installed.

Try the update, restart emby server and then try the configuration too see if the changes to the jquery and HTML remedy anything.

just updated to 1256 but no change in result. let me know if there's anything else i can try.

• Like 1

chef

Chrome is best :)

tp I need to see your last server log from when you tried to load the plugin,

and any logs that are named "unhandled_" with a GUID attached.

example:

"unhandled_9678b26c-27e1-4d5e-bc48-29149e518a12.txt"

I think we need to check one other thing:

I noticed that the XML is not registering any Emby Devices on your network as being "on".

Could you start your FireTV up in the "man-cave" and log into an EMby account.

Then try and load the configuration page again back in the server.

I am wondering if the issue is that the page is getting stuck loading information if Session information is returning empty.

If a device is running on the network and the Session Info is not null, and the configuration, loads, I'll be happy.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Xzener

What happened to this app... When did it get messed up I wonder. This is one of those "set it and forget it" type apps. Ugh, frustrating.

chef

I know. Did the latest version fix the errors for you @@Xzener?

The weird thing I s that I didn't change anything until I tried to fix it. Then I went back to eariler code. So this recent version hasn't really changed anything.

I had messed up the jquery code, but it is fixed.

I just don't know why tp is unable to load the plugin.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Chrome is best :)

tp I need to see your last server log from when you tried to load the plugin,

and any logs that are named "unhandled_" with a GUID attached.

example:

"unhandled_9678b26c-27e1-4d5e-bc48-29149e518a12.txt"

I think we need to check one other thing:

I noticed that the XML is not registering any Emby Devices on your network as being "on".

Could you start your FireTV up in the "man-cave" and log into an EMby account.

Then try and load the configuration page again back in the server.

I am wondering if the issue is that the page is getting stuck loading information if Session information is returning empty.

If a device is running on the network and the Session Info is not null, and the configuration, loads, I'll be happy.

Okay here is my server log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472290/mb3%20logs/server-63576348074.txt

I don't have any files with "unhandled" in the name in my logs directory (would they be elsewhere perhaps?)

I logged in on my FireTV stick and it shows it in the Active Devices list in the config - is that what you mean?

In looking again at the xml config file, it shows my FTV stick in there as well. However, the new scenes I created and the ones I renamed are not showing up in the list of scenes.

Edited by tp546
  • Like 1

chef

Okay here is my server log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472290/mb3%20logs/server-63576348074.txt

I logged in on my FireTV stick and it shows it in the Active Devices list in the config - is that what you mean? Let me know. Thanks.

Yes! Are you able to choose the Fire TV and "add" it, with the add button?

• Like 1

Yes! Are you able to choose the Fire TV and "add" it, with the add button?

No, I don't see it in the plugin config to add it, I see it in the Emby dashboard when I log into the server. Please also note I edited my last post while you posted.

chef

No, I don't see it in the plugin config to add it, I see it in the Emby dashboard when I log into the server. Please also note I edited my last post while you posted.

Two of your other plugins are erroring out!

And stopping Vera plugin form loading properly.

Which plugin have you added within the last week.

Would you mind removing some of your plugins and then try loading the Vera plugin again.

Anything that isn't Vera and cover art plugins, one of the other plugins is the problem here, I am sure of it.

• Like 1

Two of your other plugins are erroring out!

And stopping Vera plugin form loading properly.

Which plugin have you added within the last week.

Would you mind removing some of your plugins and then try loading the Vera plugin again.

Anything that isn't Vera and cover art plugins, one of the other plugins is the problem here, I am sure of it.

The only one I added (I think) is the Server Configuration backup addin. I just removed it an restarted and still getting the same results...

chef

One plugin which is erroring is the adult image provider plugin. I am not sure if the developer of that plugin realizes it is erroring, or maybe they realize it is, and it is suppose catch the errors.

However if all the other plugins are loading properly, then I am going to be over here slamming my head off the desk...

I'll be right back...

• Like 1

Xzener

Chef, still broke. Using v1.0.0.1259. No running clients appear for configuring. Tried refreshing both ways. I only have tried Edge and IE.

• Like 1

One plugin which is erroring is the adult image provider plugin. I am not sure if the developer of that plugin realizes it is erroring, or maybe they realize it is, and it is suppose catch the errors.

However if all the other plugins are loading properly, then I am going to be over here slamming my head off the desk...

I'll be right back...

That isn't in my list of installed plugins so I don't even know why that would be happening. Not sure how else to remove it.

I believe the current version 1260+ has fixed the client list problems.

Did you push 1260? Latest showing on my end is still 1259

• Like 1

1263 is up and hopefully we have some head way.

still no luck for me. i tried uninstalling the plugin, deleting the xml, shutting down emby server, shutting down vera, turning vera back on, emby server back on, reinstalled the plugin, but still no change  :(  :huh:

• Like 1

chef

I have removed my XML and reloaded, and it works

restarted Vera and reload the plugin, it works, I renamed Scenes and reloaded the plugin, and it works.

There's something fishy happening here. But, I just don't know what it is.

Are you running a beta version of the Server? I tried to update the Plugin DLL files from GitHub and they had errors in them.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

don't think so, my server is:

Version 3.0.5713.4

That's beta. 

Just to recap:

- You were originally unable to refresh the scenes when you changed them. The plugin wouldn't  show the new scenes.

- Since then you are unable to get the configuration to show that it recognizes the vera lite. 

The Red text which asks you to refresh your browser, doesn't go away.

- But, the XML has listed all your scenes? Even the ones you originally edited? 

• Like 1

That's beta. 

Just to recap:

- You were originally unable to refresh the scenes when you changed them. The plugin wouldn't  show the new scenes.

- Since then you are unable to get the configuration to show that it recognizes the vera lite. 

The Red text which asks you to refresh your browser, doesn't go away.

- But, the XML has listed all your scenes? Even the ones you originally edited? 

-mostly correct - when i changed scenes and added new ones, it never showed my Vera again for me to refresh the scenes.

-correct

-i just looked again and the scene list looks correct/current to me in the xml. not sure when exactly that happened because i wasn't checking it regularly.

hopefully that helps?

do you want me to turn back to the release version of the server?

• Like 1