Vera plugin

tp546
Go to solution Solved by chef,

Xzener

Beta here too. Hadn't changed a thing, just noticed it was broke when I was trying to help out. Funny thing is, it still sends commands.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

chef

It is the UI which is broken. All the information gathered in the .net code is good to go, it is only when the HTML/jquery code tries to access the XML that everything goes sideways.

But without a good configuration page, the XML can't be written to.

What in the world is goin on?

• Like 1

• Solution
chef

I have finally recreated this! @@tp546. I now experience the same thing as you!

I'm going back to the Stable Release and I'll see if it changes anything!

@@Xzener too

EDIT: moving back to the last stable release fixes the plugin, something is up with the Beta.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

Server beta, or Vera beta??

Server beta. Moving back to official release of the server fixes things.

• Like 1

I have finally recreated this! @@tp546. I now experience the same thing as you!

I'm going back to the Stable Release and I'll see if it changes anything!

@@Xzener too

EDIT: moving back to the last stable release fixes the plugin, something is up with the Beta.

awesome! last stable server release?

• Like 1

Server beta. Moving back to official release of the server fixes things.

sorry but how do i do that? do i need to uninstall and then reinstall or is there an easier way? i already changed my settings to release instead of beta.

• Like 1

@@chef you rock! It is working for me now! At least it is pulling up my Vera info, I assume the functionality still works just fine without having tested it yet. The only question I have is do you know what the problem is with the current beta? i just want to make sure that whatever it is will be fixed before it makes it to public release. thanks!

• Like 1

chef

Here is what I do know:

1. Updating to beta server breaks Plugin UI

2. Plugin Libraraies from GitHub are broken, it has something to do with the .net framework of the Dynaimic Link Libraries. Probably when they add the live TV abilities.

3. The library "Mediabrowse.Model.dll" in particular is broken when attempting to load through NuGet.

I am going to go back and replace all the threading in the plugin! Right now it loads like a granny out getting her ovaltine. It can be way faster with threading restored.

I also added the ILogger Interface to the plugin which will log everything single thing the plugin is doing from start.

This will at least allow us to check all the ins and outs of how Vera is behaving, and we will be able to know in the future if it is us or the server on the fritz!

I also perfected scheduling for events in the new release, now you can ignore events which would trigger scenes during certain times of the day.

Stay tuned for an update.

If anything we can't get outa this, it's thath E plugin needed an overhaul anyway.

Note: we better tell Luke about what happened here. Something is wrong with the server Beta. He has been busy with Live TV, he might not know about the issue.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Xzener

Chef, hate to say it but the plugin is a mess. Refreshing the app (browser) lists EVERY single item on my network. It no longer lists device/client. I have no idea how to configure a specific device/client because it lists multiple. The only device I was able to configure correctly is "THEATERXBOX".

I thought the app was setup to where it would only see running clients... Why are ALL my network attached devices listed?? When I refreshed, none of these devices are running Emby clients.

55e24b6c06b36_Capture.png

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

chef

@@Xzener that should be fix in 1.0.0.1285

If a device is on and you restart the server: You will need to restart the client program after a server restart in order for them to show up.

They now get removed from the list once they are turned off.

If they are saved, they will always be available.

Did I explain that okay?

Sorry about that, this issue is reminance of prior listing issues.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Xzener

@@chef That fixed it, well done. I am now able to differentiate which client/device is which and configure it. No more overwhelming list of connected network items.

Thanks!

• Like 1

chef

Great, now I am having trouble. :(

When I "Add" a new device from the list the configuration doesn't transfer the device ID over to the scene editing page.

@@Xzener

Weird, I fixed it. It had something to do with Version Numbers.

I upped the Major Version number to One, and it fixed the issue.

• Like 1