Problems with new LiveTV

JeremyG

JeremyG

I'm very excited about getting integrated live TV with Emby!!!   However, I'm not sure what's wrong for me with this.

• No LiveTV option in Emby for WMC?   Or is there someplace to enable it that I cannot find?
  • Is there any way to remove channels from the guide?
  • Using any app or browser, the Guide takes between 5-20 seconds to display.  Not sure why this is, I'm hard-wired gigabit, with great latency and throughput
  • If I try to watch a channel from IE 11:
    • Tuner light turns on, on my HDHomeRun, player interface appears, but no audio/video at all 
  • If I try to watch a channel from Firefox: 
    • hit o rmiss.  About 50% of the time I can get it to "work".  When it does work:
    • SD Channels seem to play fine 
    • HD Channels play for 3-10 seconds and then lock up
    • Protected channels (HBO etc) do not play at all.  I assume this is on purpose?
  • If I try to watch a channel from Windows 10 Emby App: 
    • It takes 3 clicks to change channels?  Once from the guide....then click play from detail page....then player comes up and I click play AGAIN
    • Even when I do click 3 times, nothing ever comes up.  Tuner light on HDHomeRun never even turns on

JeremyG

Sorry my bad.  Was doing a dump of my first experiences.  I'm now getting some mixed results, including Emby Server crashing on my Win7 box.    Will try to find some better patterns before I post more specifics. (and post a couple other issues in the mean time)

Really hoping you can work something out with Silicon Dust to include protected content in your native player!