Running Emby on Apple TV 3

sw1tchm4st3r

looks like others got it working by having the ATV download the .srt to localstorage and then write a javascript function that parses and proceeds through the srt according timestamps and onplay/pause events.

I'm still prototyping simple play stuff.

Tikuf

Ah Luke snuck it in  :D .

Be aware that we also recognize .ass files as external subs and there is no method yet to extract to srt as yet.

The GetSubtitle code is just a stub right now?

Looks like currently it's only designed to support subtitle streams as part of a container?

But goal is to support a wider array of subtitles including externally downloaded ones (.srt, .ass) that are contained in a Sub or directly in the same folder as the video?

you mean other way around. the method works but only supports external subs. and of course, they have to be following our naming conventions in order to be associated with a library item

Have to drop the python to support it within the C# framework surrounding server based plugins which is the ultimate goal.

However the learning curve on C# is higher so... I will have to get outside help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
gleep52

Did this progress stop?  man the past four pages I was getting really excited... only to find page 5 lacking everything.  #BummedOut

gleep52

This was a development for ATV3's which don't have an appstore.  It was an interception of data from the Trailers app on ATV3 to a local server running python to decipher statements and APIs to retrieve Emby info instead of Apple Trailers.