Capability of Plugins

Inrego

Inrego

Hey there.

I'm very new to MB, but I'm a quite experienced C# programmer. I am curious about the capability of plugins.

More specifically, I'm thinking about accessing the audio streams from TV live streams. For example, I'd like to make a mobile app to play the sound of a live stream (in sync, while watching on a TV without sound). Is this possible with plugins?

Also, being able to see which channels are currently being watched by clients?

I don't need any code samples, just need to know if it's possible from within the scope of a plugin.

Plugins in general have a lot of freedom but that's one thing they're not really going to be able to do.

Inrego

Plugins in general have a lot of freedom but that's one thing they're not really going to be able to do.

Would it be possible by using the API?

No not really. We try to give clients direct access to the live tv stream with no man in the middle, so there's really no way for you to intercept that.

We do plan one day to have synchronized streaming between multiple devices, so at that point it will be a matter of muting the one you want. So I guess I would just wait for that feature.

Inrego

I skimmed the API, doesn't it allow me to make my own client? As in make my own emby client where I receive the video stream. Then I could split the audio from video and work from there.

Just spit balling, hoping to find a way to achieve the end result that I'm looking for. Alternatively, I'll have to find another product in which I can achieve this.