Album Artist and Artist Detail Not displaying correctly

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

I noticed with the beta the artist detail page seems to be displaying in the wrong order.

Albums appear directly under the artist name

Then songs... Used to be a separate tab.

Then Suggestions, yikes!

And finally detail info. 

See pics.

55db5aa5e572d_ArtistDetail1.png

Then way at the bottom

55db5aec593a7_ArtistDetail2.png

Can this be moved back like before ?

Thanks

-Vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

That's a little bit different. Music is something where we really need to get metadata out of the way so that you can quickly play, queue, etc. When you're browsing actors people tend to be more tolerable/appreciative of the info. Music and video are two different flows, they don't need to be exactly the same.

I think I like the new layout - Music has been one of those areas lagging behind the UX of stuff like shows and movies. But not sure it is 100% to my liking either!

I'm fine with moving details out of the (typically scrolling) text box at top, but not sure why the Links weren't left there. It is a small list typically, and perhaps an internal anchor to Details would address Vicpa's concern. Something like this under Genre:

Links:  Details / Website / MusicBrainz

I liked switching between Album and Song, but the new layout may be okay depending on how exactly the Songs are listed. I really like the Song list view, since it gives me play time and would hate to see it go away. I could personally do without suggestions everywhere except the main Music page, but its addition doesn't bother me unless it crushes load time on the particular page.

Vicpa

Hi @@Raff

I realize my use case for the web ui is pretty narrow. I never use it play music or any content for that matter. I simply use it to verify, correct or add metadata. It is the only available tool for that.

With that caveat my post was only directed at the "detail" screens. Clicking on just about anything will auto launch play. Which is fine with me, not my use case but perfectly reasonable. In most cases to get to the details. It is hover, get the more button select open, click on open, click on another more button to get to edit, or an artist first the edit. Adding a scroll to the bottom to look at description or links and then back to the top to find the more button to open edit.

Maybe an edit button at the bottom next to description and links would help.

The Win 10/8.1 app has tremendous music support and a great UI and an awesome music screensaver. In addition to the stuff in the web. It supports favorites, for artists or albums a must have feature for me.

I also share some concern for a performance hit consolidating all that stuff. The suggestions at this time are pretty basic, seem to get other artists in same genre or other albums with same record label. I would turn them off until they mature a bit, but they seem to be grouped with other stuff like genre etc. 

Thanks

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa