Photo Library showing all photos in sub folders

dotnetzero

dotnetzero

Hey guys, been away from Emby for a little while.  I just noticed that photo library on the web client is a bit different than it was before.  When you initially click PHOTOS, I get a list of all my top-level folders.  But, when I click on a folder that contains sub-folders, it shows the sub folders as well as ALL the photos within those sub directories.  Sometimes the sub folders arent' displayed at the top of the listing, so i need to browse through thousands of photos before I can find the subfolder.  Anyone know if there's a way to ONLY show the contents of the current folder (and not traverse all the sub folders) ? Thanks!!

Scott

dotnetzero

I haven't adjusted anything knowingly, it seems to be having this behavior with all the folders in the photo root.  Where is that option?  That's the sort of thing i was looking for.  Thanks dude.

dotnetzero

I just checked on MBC and the behavior is the same.  I guess this is just by design.  It kind of defeats the purpose of having folders if the server scans all the subfolders and plops them all inside the the top level folder.  For example, i have a 'Weddings' folder.  Inside there are a number of folders, one for each wedding.  Now, if you navigate to Weddings, you get all the photos from all the weddings mixed up together. The folders are there, but they don't float to the top, they're buried in the mess of photos, probably in alphabetic order. I would suggest an option on the server config to 'Maintain Directory Structure' when navigating the photo library.  Love the progress,  can't wait to see the new Emby Theater.

I just checked on MBC and the behavior is the same.  I guess this is just by design.  It kind of defeats the purpose of having folders if the server scans all the subfolders and plops them all inside the the top level folder.  For example, i have a 'Weddings' folder.  Inside there are a number of folders, one for each wedding.  Now, if you navigate to Weddings, you get all the photos from all the weddings mixed up together. The folders are there, but they don't float to the top, they're buried in the mess of photos, probably in alphabetic order. I would suggest an option on the server config to 'Maintain Directory Structure' when navigating the photo library.  Love the progress,  can't wait to see the new Emby Theater.

It shouldn't be by design.  Sounds like a bug to me...

shorty1483

Try to disable the style view for your Photo library.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

c27e4e66d80f992a1c120912813a2a44.jpg

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

Yep - that fixes it.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to deal with this in the other apps though...

shorty1483

Yep - that fixes it.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to deal with this in the other apps though...

Problem with disabling the style for fotos is that you are not able to view the pictures fullscreen in web anymore. Just a detail screen like from a TV series episode.

Curiously on Android Client it still works with style off and full screen picture.

Edit: Complicated, but now I got it... Style for photos enabled, then the different folders set to backdrop view. So you have the name under the photo and a large preview when clicking on the photo. :D

Edit 2: something seems to be wrong in photo layout. Now it does not work anymore.

Edited by shorty1483

dotnetzero

Try to disable the style view for your Photo library.

c27e4e66d80f992a1c120912813a2a44.jpg

yep, fixed it for me in the web client.  Thanks!  I thought those settings only pertained to the home screen, which is why i didn't try them.  Not sure about the other clients though, whether or not disabling that feature is an option in ios, mbc, theater, etc.

I see what you mean about losing full-screen capabilities though.  

Edited by dotnetzero
  • Like 1