No resume support with MPC-HC external player

marcelveldt
Go to solution Solved by marcelveldt,

marcelveldt

Good day,

I've searched all forums, tried everything i could myself, but still haven't found a resolution for my problem...

When using MPC-HC as an external player, for by example bluray or mkv-files, i don't have the ability to resume.

Also, a title isn't marked watched afte wacthing it completely....

Resume is working fine when I use the internal MCE player.

I am using the latest release of MPC-HC, version 1.7.1 but i have also tested with an older release and with MPC-BE.

The theme i'm using is Neo, but i've also tested with default theme.

In the MB Configrator I've pressed the "Configure my player" button/link.

Attached is my logfile after i tried to watch an episode of a TV-serie.

The logs makes me believe there's communication with the MPC webinterface, except the resume isn't working.

My config:

SERVER

HP MicroServer running Server 20008R2 standard

MediaBrowser Server Version 3.0.5070.20258

connected with HP Gigabit switches (and cabling) to my mediacenters.

MEDIACENTERS (2x)

AsRock Vision HT

Windows 8.1 x64 Pro with MCE

MediaBrowser Classic 3.0.96.0

Any ideas ?

MBClassic-26112013123ea3c5fe4842e1b24b3a7f3971232b.log

daedalus

you have to set the language in mpc to english

if your using a different language than english the status messages in the webinterface are also translated and mediabrowser cannot interpret them

• Like 1

mranim8or

I'm having this same problem, and I just checked and the language in MPC is set to Enlgish by default. 

Maybe this is due to the hacky way I exit MPC to get back to Media Browser?  I had to set the key for Exit in MPC-HC to use the App_Command 'Media_STOP'.

• Like 1

steelman1991

I'm having this same problem, and I just checked and the language in MPC is set to Enlgish by default. 

Maybe this is due to the hacky way I exit MPC to get back to Media Browser?  I had to set the key for Exit in MPC-HC to use the App_Command 'Media_STOP'.

Shouldn't really make a difference I have mine set the same way.

What you should ensure though is that in MBC Configurator, you 'configure my player'. Open your external player and click on link bottom left of the screen.

mranim8or

Shouldn't really make a difference I have mine set the same way.

What you should ensure though is that in MBC Configurator, you 'configure my player'. Open your external player and click on link bottom left of the screen.

No luck, tried that and it doesn't seem to have affected anything. Strangely, when the dialog box comes up saying 'The following MPC settings...blah blah blah' comes up and I hit 'Yes', nothing seems to happen (no 'Done' dialog box appears').  Is that normal?

If it matters, I'm using the Subdued theme.

steelman1991

Expected behaviour - no confirmation of action.

Have you played the file long enough to trigger the resume. I'm sure there is percentage point at which time the resume point is activated and similarily towards the end, when it is deactivated and returns to a play from beginning state. I'm almost certain that it is user adjustable, but I can't find the damn setting.

EDIT - it's in the Dashboard, under 'Client Settings'. Defaults 5% and 90%.

Edited by steelman1991

• Solution
marcelveldt

Thanks for all the answers, this lead me to the right direction....

The problem lies in User Account Control from windows. When enabled, the settings from "configure my player" aren't applied.

Also, the language is indeed important.

So, what I did was a re-install of MPC-HC, selecting English as language and NO translations.

After that, I fired up MP Configurator to press the "configure my settings" and noticed that these settings weren't applied in the registry (HKCU\Software\MPC-HC).

Tried starting the MP Configurator as Administrator and still no luck.

Disabled UAC, rebooted the machine, tried the "configure my player" again and voila, settings were applied.

Also, now the resume is working.

So you have to disable UAC to configure the settings OR configure the settings manually.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the language thing mranim8or

• Like 1