Question on network shares in Windows 10

lang-server

lang-server

This may have been already answered, but does the emby windows app have direct access to network shares. I know in windows 8.1, Apps didn't have that functionality and I was wondering if Windows 10 does. Without that access, I would assume emby will have to transcode my MKV movies, just like windows 8.1. It's one of the main reasons I use Windows media center, etc for my movie presentations..

Thanks

Vicpa

Hi,

The app technically uses direct stream. The net effect is the same however. just about everything plays natively, audio (mp3,acc,flac), mp4's, mkv's (h264,h265 hevc --- acc,ac3,lpcm) etc. only thing that needs transcoding is DTS audio, not supported yet in Win 10.

lang-server

Thanks for the reply, I will try the app and run some tests. If I am passing the audio directly thru the HDMI, why would DTS audio be a problem. I can see if I wanted to hear the sound connected to a speaker system directly on the computer, but you would think "pass-through" would work ?

andstein85

Hi,

The app technically uses direct stream. The net effect is the same however. just about everything plays natively, audio (mp3,acc,flac), mp4's, mkv's (h264,h265 hevc --- acc,ac3,lpcm) etc. only thing that needs transcoding is DTS audio, not supported yet in Win 10.

Dolby Digital as well as DTS is working on my Windows 10 rig. Had to reinstall my Audio drivers beforehand though. So assuming you have a sound card that supports the formats, you should be golden.